hq-flash: you crossed the line

RuloCore
subnet notes finder

hq-flash: you crossed the line

Post by RuloCore »

I thought I just should put this here. I've been following this website hq-flash.com on facebook and he's creating Submachine pages and stuff, promoting Submachine games in their page, etc. All normal like any other online gaming site.

But today I saw this on the page: a Submachine "special" with some explanations about the plot. That's cool and also he links to all games, but the other tabs creep me out a bit:

The first one is Notes: it compilates all notes of the game series. I don't know if those ones should only be compiled on the official Submachine Wiki, that's your choice, admins.

The other one is Theories: he puts some of his "favourite theories" from Submachine players. Again the problem: he doesn't give credit of the author of the theories.

But the one that most worries me is Soundtrack: You can download a zip file with ALL soundtracks from the episodes, including Submachine 8's one that you receive if you pay, only. I don't mind downloading it, but if Mateusz said he doesn't allow free downloads of the Thumpmonks's soundtracks and he even removed them from old wiki, I must make him notice.

I explained you what I've seen; now, do what you want, warn Mateusz if you want (I haven't done it). Also, I don't want to look as the "piracy police" or an annoying user who is always pointing people who does bad things. Maybe this guy of hq-flash didn't do it intentionally, maybe he's a nice person and he doesn't know Mateusz's rules. Maybe if you tell him (or her, or them) he won't have any problem removing it.

PS: now I seem the sneak of the class -.-
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: hq-flash: you crossed the line

Post by Vortex »

I also have the page, I think I even had its owner (J. Becker?). I haven't done anything yet, either, but I do think that at least the soundtrack part shouldn't be published, because it's an incentive to buy the HDs and if you can get it for free you're stealing potential sales of the HD versions.

I think we should inform the page owner first, before telling Mateusz, because we don't know if he did it with bad intention.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Well, I don't mind if he contains this on site, ONLY IF he will make reference to the Submachine Wiki, because it is copy-pasted material.

Also, he put the history... I don't think it is good, because NOW it is still just THEORY. We can't say that before we know exactly. (And why he calls Murtaugh as 'Murtaught'? And I can see some probably plot contradictions...)

About Sounds: Mateusz has already warned Youtube's users to delete Subsoundtracks, and they did it. I checked.

So, I think we should warn author of this material somehow...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

he answered this:

"Because of that, the number of available downloads is limited. I was thinking about this a long time..."
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

So?
Perhaps there are 1500 available downloads.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Not only that, once they're out there, they'll stay there. In case Mateusz has yet to notice this thread, he should be informed.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

But can we do anything about those versions?
Is this my final form?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Just in case: Mateusz isn't online since July 15.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Excepting hidden, or guest mode?
Dunno.

"Because of that, the number of available downloads is limited. I was thinking about this a long time..."

So he knew about it and thought he was doing the world a favour by putting it as free download? Or am I getting this wrong? :?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

hmm.. if Mateusz isn't online, what can we do anyways?