Pastel Community Game project and discussion

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Pastel Community Game project and discussion

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:@Vortex:
I am answering in your question: i can't do anything until exams/holidays ends. :(
Oh... okay then. What bad luck, you have the exams the same period I am free to draw :(
Sublevel 102 wrote:And don't forget that there are private messages - very useful thing to not offtop in threads. :D
True, I have to get used to that feature :B
Sublevel 102 wrote:Edit: Well, i can do something, but only next week. We good? :D
Yay! We fine! ^^
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I have some ideas for what the player does after the intro. It is practically a continuation from Sublevel's intro and I'm not done working on it yet.

Descriptions of Locations (the first two are mostly from Sublevel's intro)

Cell 1: The room is metal, dark, not big. Upper lamp dimly lights the room. There is a spoon and a small crowbar on the ground. Room includes little inscriptions, and a secret exit door, which leads to corridor. There is a bed to your left and dried blood behind a chair. There is a bloody rag under the chair. It helps to reveal hidden mechanism, which open secret door. The secret exit door is located in wall, where some screws are missing. There is a camera in the corner of the ceiling. There is a door, which is locked. It may only be opened with an ID card. There seems to be no way of breaking the lock.

Corridor 1: There are two prison cells opposite the door. Two other prison cells are on the side of the door. There is a camera in the corner of the ceiling. There is a door on either end of the corridor. One leads to almost identical corridor with more cells, but is completely buried in debris and the other is locked. There is a person in each cell – all dead – apart from the next to the door, which is open. All the cells are littered with debris. There is a panel next to the locked door that seems to only be opened with an ID card.

Cell 2: There a bed to the left. There seems to be a piece of paper – half of it missing. There is also a screwdriver on the ground. Nothing else is of interest.

Corridor 2 (appears after the locked door is opened): There is another door at the end of the corridor and a janitor’s closet on one side. Inside the janitor’s closet are several shelves and a tap. There is also a mop, a wrench, a bucket and, for reason, a lighter.

Commands

(after Sublevel’s intro)
Player returns to their cell
Player adds spoon and crowbar to their inventory
Player enters open cell in the corridor
Player adds the screwdriver and the torn piece of paper to their inventory
Player uses the screwdriver to unscrew the panel next to the door
Circuit boards and wires are revealed
Player uses the crowbar to destroy the circuitry
Door opens
Player enters another corridor
Player goes to the janitor’s closet and retrieves the wrench, bucket and lighter
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Nice! :D
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Hugh, interesting! I might be interested in helping with this! I was just bemoaning the fact that I haven't worked on any games in a while, even posted links to the games I made here, and then I finally open this thread up. Looks like I've got a heck of a lot of reading to do, but I am interested...
dVanDaHorns
subbot maintenance

Post by dVanDaHorns »

Redafro wrote:Hugh, interesting! I might be interested in helping with this! I was just bemoaning the fact that I haven't worked on any games in a while, even posted links to the games I made here, and then I finally open this thread up. Looks like I've got a heck of a lot of reading to do, but I am interested...
Hmm. What in particular are your fortés when it comes to game-making? (I assume you made your games solo?)
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Well, yes and no. Take a look. There are screen captures in the forums I linked to if you just want a quick look. I made tilesets for platform jumper environmental games (pixel art really), but my main interest was in plot development/story telling. I always aimed at stories that hid as much information as possible, perhaps even going to the level of being more of playable poetry.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

I'm not any good at making games, but I can help with some details.
I was thinking about it, and I think you need more simple achievements, such like:
Boom headshot - finish the game
Are you OK? - find your companion
and so on.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Redafro wrote:Well, yes and no. Take a look. There are screen captures in the forums I linked to if you just want a quick look. I made tilesets for platform jumper environmental games (pixel art really), but my main interest was in plot development/story telling. I always aimed at stories that hid as much information as possible, perhaps even going to the level of being more of playable poetry.
That's great! You could help armonize the current plot(s) and further develop the story. :)
I'm not any good at making games, but I can help with some details.
I was thinking about it, and I think you need more simple achievements, such like:
Boom headshot - finish the game
Are you OK? - find your companion
and so on.
Good idea, that way we can encourage players to complete the achievement list with the most difficult ones.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I've added a bit more and made a few edits. Should I be putting this on the googledoc?

Descriptions

Cell BL-PC-03 (starting room): The room is metal, dark, not big. Upper lamp dimly lights the room. There is a spoon, a small piece of paper and a small crowbar on the ground. Room includes little inscriptions, and a secret exit door, which leads to corridor. There is a bed to your left and dried blood behind a chair. There is a bloody rag under the chair. It helps to reveal hidden mechanism, which open secret door. The secret exit door is located in wall, where some screws are missing. There is a camera in the corner of the ceiling. There is a door, which is locked. It may only be opened with an ID card. There seems to be no way of breaking the lock.

Corridor 1: There are two prison cells opposite the door. Two other prison cells are on the side of the door. There is a camera in the corner of the ceiling. There is a door on either end of the corridor. One leads to almost identical corridor with more cells, but is completely buried in debris and the other is locked. There is a person in each cell – all dead – apart from the next to the door, which is open (Cell BL-PC-04). All the cells are littered with debris. There is a panel next to the locked door that seems to only be opened with an ID card.

Cell BL-PC-04: There a bed to the left. There seems to be a piece of paper – half of it missing. There is also a screwdriver on the ground. Nothing else is of interest.

Corridor 2 (appears after the locked door is opened): There is another door at the end of the corridor and a janitor’s closet on one side. Inside the janitor’s closet are several shelves and a tap. There is also a mop, a wrench, a bucket and, for reason, a lighter.

Junction Room 1 (at the end of corridor 2): A rectangular room with a door on the left wall, the one at the end of the second corridor and an elevator. The one on the left wall (facing the elevator with your back to the corridor) leads to the locker room.

Elevator: There is a panel outside that can only be operated using an ID card. There is a also a button directly above the panel that should open the door once the identity of the user has been approved valid. Inside there used to be four buttons, all of which, oddly, removed. They probably represented each floor. There is a small panel screwed underneath the buttons.

Locker Room: There are lockers that take up the wall facing the doorway. Each locker has a label PC-01, PC-02 etc. There is a 4-number combination lock on each locker. Locker number PC-04 is open. The contents removed. An unnamed locker underneath the others is also open. There is an ID card inside. (the ID card will only gain access to the elevator)

Commands

(after Sublevel’s intro)
Player returns to their cell
Player adds spoon, small piece of paper and small crowbar to their inventory
Player enters open cell in the corridor
Player adds the screwdriver and the torn piece of paper to their inventory
Player uses the screwdriver to unscrew the panel next to the door
Circuit boards and wires are revealed
Player uses the crowbar to destroy the circuitry
Door opens
Player enters another corridor
Player goes to the janitor’s closet and retrieves the wrench, bucket and lighter
Player goes to the end of the corridor and enters a junction room
Player goes to the locker room
Player reads small piece of paper
The paper reads the numbers: 2418
Player enters 2418 into locker PC-03
Locker opens. Contents include: an odd console, pair of wires (at one of the ends they have a small circular piece of metal), {more needed}
Player adds contents to inventory
Player takes the ID card from the unnamed locker
Player goes to the elevator and runs the ID card over the panel
Player presses the button above the panel
Elevator doors open
Player enters
Door closes [Player is trapped]
Player unscrews the panel
Wires reveal themselves under the panel – two of the wires have small circular pieces of metal at the ends of them
Player attaches the end of the wires with the circular pieces of metal to the similar wires underneath the panel
The wires attach themselves magnetically
Player inserts the other ends of the pair of wires into the console
The screen of the console comes to life
The console reads:

<valid commands for attached device: go to, stop, open, close>
user1: <insert command>

Player types: go to floor 1
Console:

<valid commands for attached device: go to, stop, open, close, terminate>
user1: go to floor 1
console: command recognized. please wait.

The elevator begins to rise. The elevator stops and the doors open.
Player detaches the console from the elevator.
Console:

<device removed>

The console turns off after a few seconds.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So many info, Abacus. Good job. :)
I have the same, but I can't post now. Long time ago I promised to post EVERYTHING that I made, especially all puzzles/full walkthrough of Basement level, but... I still have it and I WILL TRY to post it soon...
----|---|-\------
(|)
Don't believe in his lies... Whoahaahahaa!