Jatsko's YouTube and other media ventures

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Pastel Land YouTube

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:I want! I Want!! I WANT!!!
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

Why I Never Bother to Shoot Videos Even when it's Worthwhile :)
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I wish I could do it 4 you.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

what's with sound in video?

Or it is direct result of failed editing?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

The sound is fine. It plays only when the project is being ran. I would have included background music but I didn't want to have too many conflicting sounds when the video was being run.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

oh I see
I am absolute zero in video or sound editing. :(
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

error.png
error.png (9.41 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
...so this happened.

I had saved the project, closed my laptop to go to class, came back from class, and my laptop had restarted. Somehow, somehow, something happened to the file and it became corrupted.

I just...

There are ways to fix it, but this has highlighted a bigger problem at hand, one that I've never come to terms to address.

This is too much. I'm shutting the channel down.

Yeah, I know I had high hopes for it. I have a list of videos that I want to put out, and I've tried to stick to a schedule. Editing on weekends. Releasing regularly over the week. It's almost a job at this point. And while I love the content, the constant time I have to put into it is severely impacting me, both being a college student and just being a person.

(Thankfully it's not affecting my grades, don't worry)

I'm not getting out on weekends. I'm not seeing friends. I can't remember the last time I hung out with someone. Each day is blending into the next. I'm starting to see going to class, studying, sleeping, and eating less like things to do and more like breaks between editing videos and doing Sub research.

And there are other things I want to do. So many other things I want to do. NEED to do. But I keep convincing myself that I'll get around to those things, just as soon as I get done editing the videos for the week. But then it never happens. It's too much time.

So I'm officially calling it. I know it feels like I'm letting you down, because I am. I'm letting down 150 members of the fanbase, in a sense. But I need to get back on track in my own life, because I realized that the YouTube channel is just another Project Karma. Another big project that I've convinced myself is worth my time.

I'll probably be leaving the forum soon as well. But for the time being I'll stay, to participate in MUCH smaller projects, and only then when I want to. I need to get rid of this feeling like I need to hit completion deadlines for things that I want to do. I'm also formally admitting that I've gone too deep into this whole thing.

As for the channel, there will be no more videos posted. Everything that's on there will stay on there, but I'm cutting ties with it.

Please keep this thread open for discussion.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Giving up on everything or leaving fanbase just because you think you let down all community - that's ridiculous. Because you don't.

Jatsko was Jatsko long time before he started Youtube channel. Jatsko was Jatsko long time before he made huge edits on Wiki.

If you have your life and can't handle with huge responsibility in some aspect, if you can't handle with channel - just tell it there, nobody would kill you for that. You already made huge work :P

Now make huge rest and enjoy your life already!
See you when things normalize!

P.S.: About problem with corrupted files: the same thing happened with me one day. Files with my program right before exam.
Since that day, when I create something, I make two separate files, and switch between them each ~15 minutes. that's my backup.