Daymare Town Wiki

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Daymare Town Wiki

Post by Vortex »

The Abacus wrote:
I'll volunteer to be an admin. But I vote for Lorre to adopt it :P.
Then we all agree to vote for Lorre ^^ we should translate our votes to that adoption forum page in the wiki, and then we can make the request.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Ok, finally, all the old pages have pics and infoboxes, now I can start adding new ones.
I just need to add pics for balloon.
http://pl.daymare-town.wikia.com/wiki/Balon
Lorre
lost in subnet

Post by Lorre »

Thanks for the nominations, guys. :P

Okay, well, to make sure I can actually adopt the wiki, two things need to happen: We all talk here about "nominating" who adopts the wiki, (you can just repeat what you said here or whatever) so that I can show that there was a discussion on the wiki among members that voted for someone. The rules say that topic has to be up (and active) for at least a week, so hopefully next friday I'll be able to put in the adoption request.

In the meantime, I'll have to make a few blog posts and leave posts on people's talk pages, as that's one of the requirements. So sometimes I might ask you a question that I've already asked here or leave a (sort of unnecessary) thank you message, just because I don't know how stringent their standards are. I don't want to put in a request and have them be all "YOU DIDN'T TALK TO PEOPLE ENOUGH!"

(Which also means that it would help if people could leave comments on blog posts, because that's another thing they count as proof that you're trying to "reach out to the community" or whatever.)

So yeah, it might get a little ridiculous over the next few days. All I ask is that we post/discuss our nominations for owner/admins here:
http://daymaretown.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption , and that everyone bear with me if I seem overly-friendly with the talk pages. Okay? ;)

(Don't worry though, I'll still be adding new pages and then adding content. There are still a lot of missing pages, and pretty much everything needs content. I'm also still working on the items screenshots.)
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Lorre wrote:Thanks for the nominations, guys. :P

Okay, well, to make sure I can actually adopt the wiki, two things need to happen: We all talk here about "nominating" who adopts the wiki, (you can just repeat what you said here or whatever) so that I can show that there was a discussion on the wiki among members that voted for someone. The rules say that topic has to be up (and active) for at least a week, so hopefully next friday I'll be able to put in the adoption request.

In the meantime, I'll have to make a few blog posts and leave posts on people's talk pages, as that's one of the requirements. So sometimes I might ask you a question that I've already asked here or leave a (sort of unnecessary) thank you message, just because I don't know how stringent their standards are. I don't want to put in a request and have them be all "YOU DIDN'T TALK TO PEOPLE ENOUGH!"

(Which also means that it would help if people could leave comments on blog posts, because that's another thing they count as proof that you're trying to "reach out to the community" or whatever.)

So yeah, it might get a little ridiculous over the next few days. All I ask is that we post/discuss our nominations for owner/admins here:
http://daymaretown.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption , and that everyone bear with me if I seem overly-friendly with the talk pages. Okay? ;)

(Don't worry though, I'll still be adding new pages and then adding content. There are still a lot of missing pages, and pretty much everything needs content. I'm also still working on the items screenshots.)
Oh dear god, what have you done!
The beast, you guys release it.

HE GONE MAD WITH POWER!
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Lorre wrote:Thanks for the nominations, guys. :P

Okay :) that looks like a good plan.
WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:Oh dear god, what have you done!
The beast, you guys release it.

HE GONE MAD WITH POWER!
*she :P
but nah, she's just diligent, I think. That's a good requisite for an admin :)
Lorre
lost in subnet

Post by Lorre »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:*she :P
but nah, she's just diligent, I think. That's a good requisite for an admin :)
It's fine, you can call me a he or a she, I really don't have a preference. ;)

Yeah, sorry if I come off as blunt or rude or arrogant sometimes...I really don't try to, but I'm bad at expressing myself properly. It's an autistic thing. I'm just bad at conveying my meaning through text. I really just wanna help the wiki get back on its feet.

Also, I was compiling a list of every single DMT 3 location with all the items found in that location, but now I lost it...darn it.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Lorre wrote:Yeah, sorry if I come off as blunt or rude or arrogant sometimes...I really don't try to, but I'm bad at expressing myself properly. It's an autistic thing. I'm just bad at conveying my meaning through text. I really just wanna help the wiki get back on its feet.
Don't worry. I don't see you as rude nor arrogant.
Lorre wrote:Also, I was compiling a list of every single DMT 3 location with all the items found in that location, but now I lost it...darn it.
Ouch... I hate it when that happens, too.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Lorre wrote: It's fine, you can call me a he or a she, I really don't have a preference. ;)

Yeah, sorry if I come off as blunt or rude or arrogant sometimes...I really don't try to, but I'm bad at expressing myself properly. It's an autistic thing. I'm just bad at conveying my meaning through text. I really just wanna help the wiki get back on its feet.

Also, I was compiling a list of every single DMT 3 location with all the items found in that location, but now I lost it...darn it.
Oh, your Autistic, or is it Autism syndrome? I have Autism too. I wasn't trying to mean, just trying to be funny.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Lorre wrote:It's an autistic thing.
It never even occurred to my mind...
Lorre wrote:I'm just bad at conveying my meaning through text.
I don't think you are.
Lorre wrote:Also, I was compiling a list of every single DMT 3 location with all the items found in that location, but now I lost it...darn it.
I hate when I lose something like that...

I must get back to adding content, yesterday I didn't have much time to do anything, so I'll likely add some decent information this evening.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

The Abacus wrote:
Lorre wrote:I'm just bad at conveying my meaning through text.
I don't think you are.
See, I'm not the only one who thinks that. What if I were to tell, you my grades in my English class, specifically the rules of writing, are not my strong siut.
But yet I have the capability to understand the works of Edgar Allen Poe with ease, even when half my class in my AP literature, which is an advances class, thinks its too hard to understand what Poe writing are. Thus resulting in the fact they hate, I repeat HATE to read his work, and avoid it while they can.
The Abacus wrote:
I hate when I lose something like that...
I'm still looking for things I've lost for ages, your not alone in this, we are only human.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING