Fan Meetup Discussion

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Meeting

Post by Vortex »

yeah, I missed it too but the most discussed locations were in Germany and Denmark.
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

Shouldn't we go to Poland tho?? It's really close to either, and, well, Mateusz lives there? So it's a nice country that probably has a part in the making of his works... I'm up for any country I guess, but I've wanted to go to Poland for such a long time now hehe
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Denmark and Germany were simply closest to the center of gravity of the group. Depending on who is attending, a bit.

We did find out that if Jatsko and 0707 were to come, it might be cheapest to just go to Iceland, but.... It'd also be really expensive for all of us, so...
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Anteroinen wrote:Denmark and Germany were simply closest to the center of gravity of the group.
how did you calculate it though? simply averaging the 2D coordinates in the map wouldn't give you the true center (though it would be close).
We did find out that if Jatsko and 0707 were to come, it might be cheapest to just go to Iceland, but.... It'd also be really expensive for all of us, so...
well, I've always wanted to visit Iceland. anything that has "ice" in its name can't be bad :D

EDIT: anyways, if we really want to do it well, we should consider not just closeness but rather the available means of travel and their prices, for each possible major city.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Vortex wrote:
Anteroinen wrote:Denmark and Germany were simply closest to the center of gravity of the group.
how did you calculate it though? simply averaging the 2D coordinates in the map wouldn't give you the true center (though it would be close).
lol you're right
I've always wanted to visit Iceland. anything that has "ice" in its name can't be bad
yeah right.
Then I want to be in WARM place. Should I go to the land with "Green" in its name? :roll:
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 105 wrote:Then I want to be in WARM place. Should I go to the land with "Green" in its name? :roll:
or the Land of Fire in Argentina XD
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

Idk, Greenland is pretty cold... ;)
But sure, Denmark works, Germany works! I'm a NEET with only hourly employ, so I have quite some free time on my hand, and karma hand.
Only, when would this be? In the autumn?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

No idea. It will probably have to be during holidays, I assume.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Midpoint was calculated with an online program that takes into account the curvature of the earth and everything.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

okay then, just wanted to make sure.