Murtaugh's hunter

Re: rant board

Post by Vortex »

Hope everything goes ok.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Sublevel 105 wrote:was fire damage huge? All is ok?
reed wrote:Oh jeeze, sorry to hear about that. I hope there wasn't too much damage.
Vortex wrote:Hope everything goes ok.
Yeah, everything alright. I don't know the details of what the fire was, just it was on the second floor; same as my apartment. While on the completely opposite side of my flat.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:The mayor problem with humanity is that it only protects itself, and from anything but itself.

I am optimist and I think there's still hope, even if that means that shitty things may happen. But heck, shit always happens. It's a "take or leave it" situation.
Okay, yesterday I was going to say, but refused, that stuff like "General Global Empathy" is one of the things that make harder for humanity to take sacrifices that could change our current situation. I mean stuff that makes us feel like shit for the shit that happens in the world, rather than the possibility of changing stuff for good and preventing bad things to happen. The example I was going to put was if a refugee kid accidentally failed from a ship.

Today I saw the news, and I see that happen, but x10!

I am scared. O_O
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote: Today I saw the news, and I see that happen, but x10!
I don't quite get it. Ten kids fell from a ship?
It's terrible of course, but you do realize you can't be responsible for that in any way, right? Coincidences happen.
Unless I've completely misunderstood what you said.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Yeah, its about a coincidence, a rather unfortunate and disturbing one.
🧐
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:Yeah, its about a coincidence, a rather unfortunate and disturbing one.
True. But while thinking about that, be sure to also think about how it could possibly be worst. That is HAS ALREADY BEEN WORST in another possible world parallel to ours.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

This is just something brought up by the last batch of awesome pictures. Whenever I look at a good art piece, I think about how I'll never be capable of producing anything even remotely good. I'm sick of the lack of progress. I know this sort of thinking is counter-productive, but I can't do anything about it, at least not now. I'm about to give up once more.
Oh well, whatever.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Cone
subnet technician

Post by Cone »

reed wrote:This is just something brought up by the last batch of awesome pictures. Whenever I look at a good art piece, I think about how I'll never be capable of producing anything even remotely good. I'm sick of the lack of progress. I know this sort of thinking is counter-productive, but I can't do anything about it, at least not now. I'm about to give up once more.
Oh well, whatever.
I think I get you bro/sis. I've walked down the path of "whatever I do is meh" my entire life and all I can say to you is don't give up. (Oh yeah, Cone, what a nice piece of advice.) No, but, like, seriously - don't. I can imagine that we are in a similar situation - do you start doing something, see someone who's better and get discouraged? I might be assuming too much and if I am, sorry. But to finally make my point - you gotta remember that "good" and "bad" are values, and values are subjective. While you yourself might not find your art special, there will be those who do - and do so for real, not just to be nice (because I know people who lack confidence tend to assume that others tell them stuff just to make them feel better). Sure, you may never become famous, but you won't know unless you try*. Anyway, just hang in there, and again, sorry If I am being too much of a sage.

On a separate note:
For several years now summer has been bringing a recurring sense of dissatisfaction with my life. This is most likely due to the fact that when I don't study at the uni I go back from the flat my dad rents for me to my parents' home. And I don't do shit here. I can't even do shit. I have no practical knowledge. During my university time, instead of learning how to live on my own, I waste all my free time playing video games. During summer this turns into entire days of sitting in front of the fucking screen.

Oh, by the way, I am jobless. I know I should start doing something, but the thing is that... I don't fucking want to. I've always told everyone that my predominant characteristic is laziness. Why they never believe is beyond my comprehension. Whenever I think about taking up a job, my stomach tries to escape through my mouth, not even joking. Besides, all I can do is translate stuff from English into Polish or the other way around, sometimes maybe from Japanese. The market is already full of translators, so finding something is difficult af. But then again, excuses, excuses...

Then there's my personal life. I have a few friends who are the most amazing people in the world. And I'm being a complete dick to them. This is ridiculous, really, to think that they still patiently put up with my shit. I always make those goddamn sarcastic remarks and people just stare at me with "omg how could you say that" written all over their faces. My only explanation in such situations is "sry I couldn't help myself lol." I'm a douche. xD

Love life? Excuse me, what? Yeah, sure, I have a crush. Been that way for 3 goddamn years. Never told her anything, we are friends but outside of the friendzone for now, which I guess is good. She called me "brother" once, though. Family zoning is even worse Kappa. Also I've heard she's after someone now and I'm not even sure if I'm not-ok with that - she definitely knows what's going on with me, she's just too smart and understands too much not to know - I've been treating her silence as a "no." It's sort of tiring not being able to tell her, and by "not being able to" I mean that if I told her and she rejected me, I don't think our friendship would survive that. We'd both be extremely uncomfortable with that, so since she seems to pretend nothing is happening I'm just gonna be a cowardly faggot for the rest of my life. Then, again, I might be overestimating her perception, in which case I'd turn out to be an idiot, which, ultimately, has always been the case in my life.

TL;DR
[Q]: HAHAHA COAN DID U COME BACK JUST TO TELL US BOUT YER SHITTY LIFE KEK
[A]: Yeah, pretty much.

*It's funny that I only say this kinda stuff when I give people advice and never actually think that when I myself am in doubt.
厄負と申します。
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Cone wrote:On a separate note:
For several years now summer has been bringing a recurring sense of dissatisfaction with my life. This is most likely due to the fact that when I don't study at the uni I go back from the flat my dad rents for me to my parents' home. And I don't do shit here. I can't even do shit. I have no practical knowledge. During my university time, instead of learning how to live on my own, I waste all my free time playing video games. During summer this turns into entire days of sitting in front of the fucking screen.
Man, that hits too close to home :/ I feel you bro

Worst thing is that each summer I really want to do something, go in a big trip, pick up a summer job, start some project, I dunno... But routine always eats me and I end up completely wasting my time. The >40ºC heat doesn't help either. Summer is the worst part of the year for me in that sense.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

My problem with vacations is that I don't plan anything, I just wait for things to happen (Tomorrows is my uncle's birthday, so that's something).

I am also sad about that me and my friends didn't got an exit after the end of the semester, everyone was busy it seems...
🧐