Internet discourse thread

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Internet discourse thread

Post by Jatsko »

Let's face it; when I accidentally deleted my tumblr account, I was getting into the midst of some wonderfully delightful i n t e r n e t d i s c o u r s e about certain events and things I heard about, well, on the internet. And I know there are some people out there that say arguing with someone over the internet is pointless, but I'm not sure how much I really believe that.

Plus, it's fun, at least for me :D

This thread is for anyone to bring up Internet-related stories they find, and which they want to talk about with someone else to see what they believe. I encourage any discussion that follows :D

A couple guidelines for intellectual honesty:

1) If you're bringing up something that's not well known and you have your own strong views on the issue, try to refrain from "poisoning the well" as much as possible and present the issue without bias if you can. Or provide links to sources covering the story, relevant hashtags, etc. If you can help it, don't be the first one to answer your own issue brief, unless it's something that you really need to talk about.

2) Don't let conversations devolve into pointless ad hominems and personal attacks, which benefit no one.

3) Make active attempts to listen to the other side of the argument and show that you understand the opposite position.

I don't know how well this will take off; Pastel Forum isn't exactly a discussion/argument hotspot like other sites (reddit, tumblr...) but it'll give us both something to do, a chance to learn more about each other, and opportunities to find ways to reconcile issues, at least in our community's reach.

So I'll start with the first one:

#PewDiePieDidNothingWrong / Disney Cutting Ties with PewDiePie / PewDiePie is a Nazi. I'm assuming this is blown up big enough where a fair amount of people know the basics, but I might be wrong.
Last edited by Jatsko on 16 May 2018 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: The Internet.

Post by Augustus »

I have the same amount of life experience as a 70 year old so I guess I will have lots to cover ^^
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

PewDiePie isn't a Nazi and of course the media has to blow it all out of proportion, and they're giving him more attention and money by doing it.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I'm not very interested in the Youtube culture so I don't know much about this, but from what I have seen I have to agree with empoeria. On the other hand Disney is in their right if they want to stop supporting him because it conflicts with their image.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Yeah, I agree with both Vortex and empoeria, which you guys could probably tell from the last video I uploaded to my channel (and emp knows about my political/social tendencies from tumblr verrrry well ;D )

What I find hilarious is that Maker Studios dropped PewDiePie for being not kid-friendly, but they're still in partnership with freakin' iDubbbz.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Mat's take XD
brofeest.png
brofeest.png (228.73 KiB) Viewed 7064 times
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

lmao #brofist
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

pfff
what is this all #brofist and PewDiePie stuff?

*search and reads*
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

empoeria wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkn2Zk39X-Q&t=0s

some candid commentary.
2:20

"did I kill those people in the 60s?"

"YES-"

roflmao

also "In what world does 77 cents equal a dick pic" LOL