Submachine Wiki

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by Jatsko »

NEW SUBWIKI THEME DISCUSSION
Check out this thread in order to discuss it! http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:8828#13
Last edited by Jatsko on 02 Dec 2016 00:23, edited 2 times in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I like the first and last ones. I think the last one would look a bit better increasing the opacity of the main section, and the first one would need a slightly tinted gray color to blend more with the background, but overall I like them the most.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

1,5 and 6 are great
me think
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Site update!

[quote="2016-12-02 - "Wiki Theme: Sub10""]
Sub10 Theme
*Background from basement exit
*Yellow-green links
*Yellow-green wordmark[/quote]
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

That's wonderful, I love how it looks like, especially the changed logo :D

Traditionally with a theme change I've also changed the main and glow color of all the templates such as infoboxes, disambiguation, etc.. Since this is a more tedious and repetitive work I can do it for you if you want. If you'd like to leave them white that's fine too :)

And finally, if you agree I also want to change the main page icons. I have 3 changes in mind:

-color change to match with the logo.
-change the cat to the stylized face of Sub10's Murtaugh or Liz
-optionally, animate the portal icon (look at the Spanish wiki for a shitty version of what I mean XD). This requires a small change to the mediawiki css file, but it can look very good if you do it well.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I wish I was admin of the Covert Front wiki. Than I can do that 2.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

If the wiki is currently abandoned then you can ask the Wikia staff to make you an admin.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I am planning to rewrite it first.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

You're doing a great job so far :)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Vortex wrote:That's wonderful, I love how it looks like, especially the changed logo :D
Yeah, I was feeling creative, and for some reason I have a soft spot for karmic symbols :D
Vortex wrote:Traditionally with a theme change I've also changed the main and glow color of all the templates such as infoboxes, disambiguation, etc.. Since this is a more tedious and repetitive work I can do it for you if you want. If you'd like to leave them white that's fine too :)
On it.
Vortex wrote:And finally, if you agree I also want to change the main page icons. I have 3 changes in mind:

-color change to match with the logo.
-change the cat to the stylized face of Sub10's Murtaugh or Liz
-optionally, animate the portal icon (look at the Spanish wiki for a shitty version of what I mean XD). This requires a small change to the mediawiki css file, but it can look very good if you do it well.
Oh, definitely. The first is natural, the second I have wanted for a long time (no offense to Einstein), and the third would be cool.

One thing: I seem to remember a discussion possibly between me and you or someone else about cleaning up the front page, between the slider and the buttons. As it is now:
Slider wrote: Submachine series
Theories
Locations
Notes
Buttons wrote: Submachine series
Items
Notes
People
Theories
Secrets
Locations
Cultural Influences
1) Four of these are the same.
2) "Locations" leads to [[Submachine Universe]], which is a game page that includes most but not all locations found in the franchise.

Overall, we need to decide which to keep and which to get rid of. Should we have

A) A slider and a condensed button list? (The slider will be updated image-wise as well)
b) Get rid of the slider and keep everything in the buttons list?

Personally I'm in favor of option B, and as far as creating a page with all locations, I would be down for that. But I'll ask other people their opinions on this while I work on the templates.