QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADRESSED IN SUBMACHINE 10.

Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Re: QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADRESSED IN SUBMACHINE 10.

Post by Anonymous2 »

3. What was the need for the limited appearance of firearms in Submachine?
I would say that was the team that invaded the core, but Sub8 and Sub9 kinda make it a point that Murtaugh invaded by himself, I mean the dude has a karma arm afterall, I don't think he needs guns... but anyways, I get the picture that the guns were actually used by those who came after Murtaugh when he re-entered the core.

I know the equipment cutting into the core wall was making it seem like that Murtaugh did it, but again, karma arm. I think the entire area in Sub7 was used as an encampment, or barricade. But Murtaugh was able to sneak in through the use of his portal ability, if he explored the subnet for 32 years, I'm sure he found plenty of clever tricks along the way.

I think the area with Liz's ship was not Murtaugh shooting at Liz, but the team shooting at Murtaugh and then he used the green portal to get to Layer 5. Is there any reason for Murtaugh to kill Liz? If anything, Liz was his sympathizer, that's why he couldn't see anyone else, he could only see Liz. Because she was the only one who understood what he was doing and why.

Sorry for off topic.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Gemini wrote: I know the equipment cutting into the core wall was making it seem like that Murtaugh did it, but again, karma arm. I think the entire area in Sub7 was used as an encampment, or barricade. But Murtaugh was able to sneak in through the use of his portal ability, if he explored the subnet for 32 years, I'm sure he found plenty of clever tricks along the way.
I thought so as well.
Moreover, I thought that in each Layer, there was the same set up. The Blue Barriers, if set up in each layer in the exact same spot, prevented Murtuagh from crossing over to the portal. Thy created a kinda barrier that was to prevent Him from reach the portal. They may sure on the second barrier to keep the ability to shut it down on the opposite side of the Edge Portal.

But, just like we took it down with the pole, I believe Murtuagh did the same. He knock over that stone and found it able to pass the barrier.
Gemini wrote:
3. What was the need for the limited appearance of firearms in Submachine?
I would say that was the team that invaded the core, but Sub8 and Sub9 kinda make it a point that Murtaugh invaded by himself, I mean the dude has a karma arm afterall, I don't think he needs guns... but anyways, I get the picture that the guns were actually used by those who came after Murtaugh when he re-entered the core.
Close, but then why are those machine Gun nest pointed in the wrong way?
I believe they were used not at Murtaugh, but to destroy the gateway to the Core.
We do find the Gateway destroyed when we first see it. I think a rain of bullets were set to demolish it.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I think it'd be more productive to move the conversation away from this thread, like Mateusz asked, before we have a heavy debate going on.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

You guys are overthinking it :P

Murtaugh had a team with him in the Core.

Look again in Sub_6 when he said "Now we can travel freely through the Net. We can finally invade the Core of Submachine." He said WE, not I or me. Mur brought the guns and people in case there are resistance against him. He was quite paranoid about people killing him after what happened to him at the Lighthouse, only that he didn't really know why they're trying to kill him. What happened at Liz's Ship was that somebody probably got too trigger-happy and hosed after her with bullets. Or he was trying to scare her into escaping so Mur and his team could follows her to the Fifth Layer and find the Citizens of Kent to either kill them or ask them why with force.

And this is my last discussion post here as Ant was right about moving this discussion away.

Hope you got what you need, Mateusz!
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Also,
Paranormal wrote:2. Why is there no life, inside the Submachine?
Wrong. The Core is home to many plant and fungus lifeforms (AKA the glowing plants)
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Anteroinen wrote:I think it'd be more productive to move the conversation away from this thread, like Mateusz asked, before we have a heavy debate going on.
This. Mateusz has already stated the purpose of this thread, so as a mod I ask you guys to move the conversation elsewhere, please.

<< ADDITIONAL WORDS BY ADMIN >>
I don't want to make a new post here, but I will make a warning here: From this point and onward, anyone who drifts off-topic will have their posts deleted. You got any more questions for Mateusz, feel free to post it here!
:D
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

- What is the purpose of the cultural deities in Submachine?
- What happened to the notes we have collected along the way, with the exception of Sub5 notes?
- Who put the golden seals in Murtaugh and Elizabeth's tombs?
- What is the purpose of the four symbols we see in Sub2? We never used them in the game.

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Gemini wrote:- What is the purpose of the cultural deities in Submachine?
WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:With the idea that the location in the Submachine consent of multiple cultural influence, beside modern influence rather more the religious and Ancient Mythology, being all in the same location. As well as the other mechanism and technology we don't recognizes. If we were to take all of these cultural influence, and say they existed long before they were conceive, it would also explain the point about the other technology we don't understand and seem "Out of this World". Because it actually is. When the universe was create, the cultural influence we don't recognizes or understand linked into not just limited to the Earth, but other planets that have already existing lifeforms.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

A few more questions-

1. Where did Murtaugh obtain plans to draw the teleporter in the lighthouse

2. Who was the man that left mentioned in Sub7, and why did he leave, did he also have power like Murtaugh's?

3. Why did Murtaugh teleport to the loop? What happened that caused him to enter the loop and not some random location in the outer rim, or is the loop the outer rim?
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

Here's one other question I've been wondering since Sub4 was released.

What on earth is behind the metal plate? It doesn't fit in with the lab, none of accessible interior lines up with it. Maybe another Subnet update idea for you *whistles*
Attachments
sub.png
sub.png (142.36 KiB) Viewed 4608 times