Submachine Wiki

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

......what do you want from me?
I use to have nightmares about a non-existing room in high school.

Room 302.
"Can't enter due to the English language."

It was only recently I realize why the number 302.
Room 101 in George Orwell 1984.
The room that all men fear.
— O'Brien wrote:You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

I would like nothing more,
Than to located that door,
And enter it.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Does this tie into the issue of English grammar at hand in any way?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
.........when do you read my post, and when do you ignore it?
Think for yourself, before you speak.

I have a hearing condition, I have the ability to know where someone in the house by their footsteps alone.

But I can never hear the ending part of a word.

Why else would I fear the English Language.
Its my one weakness.

If you can't see that, then why do you even care in the first place?
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote::| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
.........when do you read my post, and when do you ignore it?
Think for yourself, before you speak.

I have a hearing condition, I have the ability to know where someone in the house by their footsteps alone.

But I can never hear the ending part of a word.

Why else would I fear the English Language.
Its my one weakness.

If you can't see that, then why do you even care in the first place?
Well, firstly I never knew you had a hearing condition and secondly I did read your post, the point of which is basically that you struggle with the English language. I am still prepared to discuss this with you regardless. I don't think bad things about you just because you struggle with English, sheesh.

I get your point about "we the king", and the idea of plurality across layers is interesting. But, don't you think it is weird that nobody else uses plural forms when referring to him, even Liz, who understands this issue better than anyone? Murtaugh doesn't really refer to himself in plural either.

Using "we" to refer to a single person isn't uncommon, nurses use it as a politeness tactic in hospitals, for instance. However, it is much more important to remember that the kings and queens and princes and princesses of Europe have had a habit of calling themselves "we" instead of "I". As this kingdom appears to be Western, this custom could easily have spread into it.

Unless you can explain these facts away with your theory, I cannot accept it, only maintain that it is an interesting hypothesis.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
frodo
lost in subnet

Post by frodo »

There are no rooms at 302 or 101. What are you talking about?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

.....I didn't mean in SNEE, I meant in High School.
A non existing room in high school numbered 302.

Room 101 was a torture room in 1984.
A guy had a cage strap to his face and filled with rats.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

My school has an abandoned lab.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So, as my first post on this Forum, I feel I should bring up a controversy that's recently cropped up on the Wiki.

Mostly because I'm responsible for it..

I enjoy using the Wiki and making edits on it. One of my favorite routines is to find pictures from the Submachine series that appear on the Wiki and update them (in .png format of course).

The updates include replacing the selected image with its more detailed HD version, taken from the HD versions of the Submachines out so far.

Another Wiki user finally brought to my attention that the image updating is running unchecked by Mateusz and could be seen as an ethical problem. "Is it really fair to update images from screenshots of MS's paid games?" is the main point. "Doing it without Mateusz's consent and outside of his control" (Mordikai Wartwunson) is another point. I can't say exactly how many pictures I have uploaded to the Wiki that are HD. Over a hundred for sure.

See the debate here: http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/Forum: ... enshots%3F

Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to forge, claim ownership of, or discredit MS's HD works. But several users have agreed that we should ask MS if uploading HD images, and dealing w/ copyright statements and the legal stuff, should happen. MS deserves to make the final call and put things where they should be.

Since I lately have uploaded most if not all of the HD images on the Wiki, I feel it's my responsibility first to apologize for any trouble my actions might have caused, and second to personally ask Mateusz's opinion.

Mateusz, what should we do about this?

I don't intend to bring harm to the establishment so lovingly known as Submachine, and I just want to make sure no problems arise from this. I appreciate feedback from Wiki Users and Forum users alike.

P.S. ALso, while we're talking about this, I want to bring up a project I've been working on. "The Submachine Lego Project" (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing).

This is basically my determination to rework every (or most) Submachine location(s) in LEGO format. Why? Because I can. Plus, who doesn't like Legos, and the opportunity to see Submachine Locations in 3D? (.lxf files are included for each location).

So my question comes back. Is this OK to do? Is it OK to rework MS's creations like this?

I'm waiting on MS to respond so I can do the right thing. (As an aspiring college student I'm really trying to follow the rules for plagiarism, using w/o permission, stealing work, etc.)

Thanks for reading all that and hanging in there.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

I'm pretty sure that members with under 5 posts or so cannot PM other people so I'll PM the link to your post to Mateusz so he gets it quickly :)

By the way: your lego Submachine is amazing. Absolutely damn amazing. You should post a thread in the General Discussion forum and post the link again, it is truly worthy. (Well...the criteria for a thread isn't much, look at the rubbish we post in the off-topic threads XD ) But man...it looks amazing.

Oh, of course, Welcome.
Error 3113 wrote:Plus, who doesn't like Legos, and the opportunity to see Submachine Locations in 3D?
Bender!