Escape from JayisGames

The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Escape from JayisGames

Post by The Abacus »

Played the game yesterday; it was great (what else would it be?). I found the ambient familiar, and it was only when I looked through the Submachine Universe thread that I read a post stating that it was from MTN. Somehow I did not find playing this game as creepy as visiting MTN (probably due to the surrounding, which are less dark (with both meanings of the word))

In regards to the implied story:
SPOILER wrote:I have to disagree with thinking that the petrified body on the bed is an alien: I think it's Jay. He was mentioned in the note which said, "All play and no work makes Jay a dull boy," and isn't the name of the site JayisGames? After all, what would an alien be doing with an Oculus Rift (I'm relatively sure that it is an Oculus Rift because of the presence of arcade machines, (most probably) game disk, headphones, etc.)?

I agree with the idea of the tragedy (as a possible dystopian scenario), but I think that instead of the petrified body being "forced" to play the games, it did so voluntarily and became overzealous ("All play and no work makes Jay a dull boy" + the arcade machines and disks are either broken or discarded), gradually imprisoning itself. This metaphor of imprisonment is extended through the presence of the resin (esp. its blockage of the door), and the window/hole (i.e. the only connection to the outside world) being shut with the only machine capable of opening it disabled.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I like your interpretation more than the previous one, it makes more sense :P
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

The Abacus wrote:Played the game yesterday; it was great (what else would it be?). I found the ambient familiar, and it was only when I looked through the Submachine Universe thread that I read a post stating that it was from MTN. Somehow I did not find playing this game as creepy as visiting MTN (probably due to the surrounding, which are less dark (with both meanings of the word))

In regards to the implied story:
SPOILER wrote:I have to disagree with thinking that the petrified body on the bed is an alien: I think it's Jay. He was mentioned in the note which said, "All play and no work makes Jay a dull boy," and isn't the name of the site JayisGames? After all, what would an alien be doing with an Oculus Rift (I'm relatively sure that it is an Oculus Rift because of the presence of arcade machines, (most probably) game disk, headphones, etc.)?

I agree with the idea of the tragedy (as a possible dystopian scenario), but I think that instead of the petrified body being "forced" to play the games, it did so voluntarily and became overzealous ("All play and no work makes Jay a dull boy" + the arcade machines and disks are either broken or discarded), gradually imprisoning itself. This metaphor of imprisonment is extended through the presence of the resin (esp. its blockage of the door), and the window/hole (i.e. the only connection to the outside world) being shut with the only machine capable of opening it disabled.
DAT SYMBOLISM!
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Very plausible. :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So... No new findings?

I still don't know why there is these two symbol puzzles, what do they mean, and what do they do...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think you are overthinking it, things aren't so complicated. Probably the symbol is just a version of the Jayisgames icon.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

May I point something out, the other notes with the all work and no play, I know where that came from:

Here.
Follow by this madness
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:I think you are overthinking it, things aren't so complicated. Probably the symbol is just a version of the Jayisgames icon.
But why there is two puzzles?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

why there are 2 cube stones in SNEE?
some things have no purpose, they just are there for the cool factor, or for reference, they may have some significance later or not.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:why there are 2 cube stones in SNEE?
that's different things. :)
me think.
523 and second stone definitely show theyself in next SubVerse update...

Ok, I will find if those symbol have some purpose, by myself.