wisdom crystal finder

Re: Farewell Apocrypha

Post by Augustus »

I just doubt that is his last messige. Lol
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

What is it with some people here always second guessing Apoc. "He doesn't mean what he's saying, just you wait trololol"
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Emp, this is his third time leaving...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I'm done.

Understand?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

You still came back... Intresting.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I'm only coming back because I'm communicating with other members via PM about issues I don't feel the need to share on the forum. But gosh it makes it hard to stop posting when you're trying to trap me in this mentality of "you can never truly leave this forum XD" and I feel the need to drill my decision into your head, as it doesn't seem to be getting through. You in denial or something?

Back off and let me do my own thing.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I mean, you do not need me to leave...
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Oh my God, Ko9, let Apocrypha be and do his own thing. People are allowed to move on, even people who we like. And if he wants to come back later, then he's also welcome to do so as well. What is it with everyone taking this as if it should be 100% black and white? Chill.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I do not.understand that I have in power for him not to leave?.. He is allowed to do so..
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Ok I see that you might not be understanding when we say "let me do this/that".

If I say "let me do my own thing", or if people usually say things like "leave me alone" or "let me do what I want", that typically does not mean that I or the person asking is acknowledging any sort of power towards someone like you in the situation. Obviously you have no control over what I do in this situation. Instead, the phrase "let me do what I want" basically means "acknowledge that I'm making my own choice here and I intend to do what I want to do, and accept it." For this situation, acknowledge that when I say I'm done here that I am truly done, and I do not mean to come back. Don't think that I will just because I've come back after I said I would leave in times past (one of those times was during an intense bout of anxiety if you remember). This time I'm leaving with a clear mind and measured intentions, so you should accept that I'm going and not delude yourself with thinking I'll be a part of this community again.

And yes, I know some people will find it useless and self-defeating that I'm making yet another post to explain this bit by bit, but I couldn't in good conscience let this arguing slide when the issue comes down to someone not understanding the phrasing used.

tl;dr we understand that Ko9 doesn't have any power over my actions and "let me be" means "accept my choices and stop thinking that you know me better than I know myself."

Now unless anyone has any other life-changing revelations for me to keep me trapped here, I'm going to go. Personally I don't see further use for this thread, but I'm not going to pretend I'm calling the shots.