The Math Thread

sundayfever
subnet technician

Re: The Math Thread

Post by sundayfever »

What college do you go to, Vortex? If I got it right, youre not taking pure Math?

I've many many time contemplated becoming a teacher of either mathematics of languages because of my unending enthusiasm to share my knowledge; however, I often wonder if I am to be crushed by uninterested students.
Oh Ant, i want to be a professor as well and ive been thinking about that thing too. I came to a conclusion that students (as well as everything else that might be problematic) wont crush your spirit if you dont let them. I also think that one has to approach such a job with a considerable amount of caution and not so idealistic expectations.
I feel so dumb after reading this thread.

The math classes at my school are very simple stuff - which is pretty easy for me - and I have been reading Wikipedia articles about some more advanced stuff, but I couldn't understand shit. I feel like I could grasp it, but Wikipedia just sucks at explaining things.
Oh yeah. Being in high school (still!!! how long is it going to last?!) has made me a different person on almost every level. Reading about things on Wikipedia is not such a good idea because its not suitable for high school level education. Thats why I cant wait to start going to college. I just hope its going to meet my expectations... All I want to do is learn about math. And probably, later in life, teach others.
all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

sundayfever wrote:What college do you go to, Vortex? If I got it right, youre not taking pure Math?
I go to a local university. I'm taking Physics (my last year already!), but we use math a lot, and anyways I have interest in it so I spend some time self-learning.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I'm looking into being an English Professor, is the only apparently thing I'm good at compared to other people here and plus I'm learn it passively by posting here in an international forum, as well as playing games and streaming series and watching videos, etc...

I actualy really like this! :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

I go to a local university. I'm taking Physics (my last year already!), but we use math a lot, and anyways I have interest in it so I spend some time self-learning.
Oh Physics. Interesting. Although, not for me. I plan on taking Math.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Why not both?
Is this my final form?
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

She said that is not for her.
🧐
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

ENIHCAMBUS pays attention to details heh. Hes right, I dont think thats the right choice for me. Im just really passionate about math and philosophy while natural sciences dont interest me enough, even though Im still fascinated by them.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

For example, I like science, but I decided time ago to not base my life on that, mostly because my likings are general and I didn't feel right when I was to specialize in one matters (That kind of broke me), so I keep that as a general liking as I said and then came up with other, better ideas...
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

What career are you doing/want to do, Ehnic? I forgot.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

English Proffesor, I was originaly thinking of being just a primaty teacher, but English works fine to me as I learn it passively!
🧐