Jatsko's YouTube and other media ventures

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Jatsko's YouTube Discussion Thread boiiiiii

Post by Jatsko »

In case y'all didn't get the memo, I closed the stream after about 45 minutes. Laptop couldn't handle all of the programs running at once and I want to get BTM5 done without tearing my hair out at the pace all the windows were opening and closing.

So...I think next stream will be whatever conversation Mateusz and I end up having. At least I think that's still in the works, because he brought it up, so I assume he has something in mind. No date for that yet.

And if not...we'll return to BTM Live, or I might possibly bring someone else on and have a live conversation about a separate Submachine project. Who knows.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who showed up.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

The only flaw of your map is that unlike Momrouy's (Have you tried to spell his name backwards? ;) ), even if he didn't separate derived locations by layers of knowledge, he not only taken count of numerical puzzles but also item puzzles.

You cannot reach LCR nor AWY without going through 378.
You cannot reach NPG without going through 010.
You cannot reach MLP without going through 355.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:The only flaw of your map is that unlike Momrouy's (Have you tried to spell his name backwards? ;) ),
As far as I know, I'm only spelling his name the way he's spelled it, which is the way he spelled it on his own graph as well as his username on the Wiki.

http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/File:Clue_map_v2.4.png
http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/User:Momruoy

It's possible we might both be wrong though.
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:even if he didn't separate derived locations by layers of knowledge, he not only taken count of numerical puzzles but also item puzzles.

You cannot reach LCR nor AWY without going through 378.
You cannot reach NPG without going through 010.
You cannot reach MLP without going through 355.
I was going to make a longer response to this, but maybe it'll play itself out in time.

1.) Those three statements at the end are all true; does that mean you're suggesting I treat them as multi-location puzzles and put the results on the right side? And if you're treating them as multi-loc puzzles, keep in mind that the technical last step for each of the puzzles occurs in the location that directly connects to the KP location (ex. placing shutter switch and valve right in 731).

2.) To offer another example, you cannot reach 613 or JUL without going through 277; Momruoy has indicated this. However in order to access the clue for 613 you need a wisdom gem. So, any of the locations with wisdom gems (010, 947, etc.) could potentially bridge that connection as well. Momruoy hasn't indicated that item puzzle anywhere.

To me, the item puzzles are iffy to put in the chart. I could find a workaround if you think they should really be in there, but given their history and how they're used, I find it easier to leave them out and have people just use their brains on that part.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Hmm, maybe you can place a small icon representing the item in the place where they're found, and in the place where they're needed (with colors to distinguish between both cases). Just like the letter clues.
Jatsko wrote:
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:The only flaw of your map is that unlike Momrouy's (Have you tried to spell his name backwards? ;) ),
As far as I know, I'm only spelling his name the way he's spelled it, which is the way he spelled it on his own graph as well as his username on the Wiki.

http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/File:Clue_map_v2.4.png
http://submachine.wikia.com/wiki/User:Momruoy

It's possible we might both be wrong though.
whoosh? XD
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I'll say leaving it as it is for now. But as more items and puzzles get added to the subnet, I think it would be a necessary point to take account for in the future.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Update! Stream topic change ---> Live Stream 13 | Discussing Submachine in Source with Grokenos82. Same link as above.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Do you think is a good idea to put a stream in a Sunday?
🧐