Murtaugh's hunter

Re: The Grand Pastel Forum HUNGER GAMES

Post by Vortex »

can't wait! :D
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Well, setting the game up wasn't hard or really too long. However, there are two issues at hand.

FIRST, the site's image system. It absolutely refuses to take Wikia images, for example, but accepts gifs just fine. *middle finger* This means I'll have to hunt down some different source images for certain characters, like Azula or Hulk. The grand problem are characters that don't even have decent pictures outside of their wikia pictures, such as Mur, the Smoker Giant, and tributes whose non-Wikia picture just doesn't get through (such as the Helicarrier). Hmmmmm...

SECOND, while I can set custom events and modify them to be whatever crazy stuff I want (stumbling upon a karma portal, getting lost in the fogmist/mistfog, watching Mateusz's art stream, etc etc), said custom events aren't being applied to the game itself, for whatever reason. Nevermind this, it decided to work by itself when I made a test run again. Who you trying' to get crazy with, site? Don't you know I'm loco?? The issue itself is that I managed to type down (Player #) in all new events. That space isn't supposed to be there, so it should be (Player#). Since the simulator doesn't let you edit the event themselves (only delete and add new ones)... yeah. At least I had just the Bloodbath stuff done.

These are the two only issues preventing me from starting the game thish very instant. Particularly, I have no idea on how to get pictures from these characters:

- Sublevel's REDFACE THE LIZARD and DELTA THE MANTIS (and yet the site accepts Duk Terrence, Beta and Cjnopaze just fine)
- MURTAUGH and SMOKER GIANT, since their pictures only shows up at the Wikia proper

I can manage around the rest.

EDIT: Murtaugh's and Smoker Giant's pictures down. Somehow...
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

you can try reuploading them somewhere, maybe.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

reuploading specially for you

ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

AWESOME.
Have a cookie

With this, ALL character pictures are in place. I had to alter some of the original Wikia pics, but all in all, the cast is ready to roll.

Right now, all I need is to create the final events (I was amazed at how quickly I could readjust the new events simply by copying and pasting), so the game will either begin within a few hours, or tomorrow if nothing shows up all of a sudden.

...This is going to be an interesting game...
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Wikia pictures have revisions, so when you paste an image from there you will get something like this:
The whole revision part that doesn't goes with the picture and is part of a coding proper for the Wikia network (The one bolded in the quote). Thus anything forward the file format (In this case, a gif, which is that from of my av) is invalid for image copypaste and must be deleted in order for the image to work.

But I think you already figured out. :)

In case of Sublevel's picture, he would have to change the format of them to .gif, then Re-upload.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

ThunderDasher wrote:With this, ALL character pictures are in place.
But thanks for the tip, nonetheless. levelbuS already sent new pics, and they worked.

Now all that's left is roll the game and see the weirdness happen, though I'm not quite sure on how I'll post the results. I could either screencap them, or just type them down here. I'll probably screencap it, though. While the whole result page doesn't actually fit the screen for obvious reasons, there's a nifty Chrome app that does exactly that, so I'll probably use it, upload the picture to a host site or something, and then bring it here; it would look better than just text.

It's getting quite late here, though, so I'll go catch some Z's soon and upload the game by the morning.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

May I give a crazy suggestion? Stream it! Set an hour and we will go through it together! :D
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

And if someone misses it, they could watch it once is done as a single video. :)
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐