Pastel Community Game project and discussion

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Pastel Community Game project and discussion

Post by Sublevel 113 »

damn... :(
soon my free days period will be over...

ok, will see what I can do
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Still no luck with my server, I'm afraid. One day it works fine, the next an uppdate comes along and reduces it to a mess of incompatible components trying to interact. I'm still waiting for the powers that be to sort the fundamentals out so I can repair it.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

"Rise from Your Grave!"

Anyway, I think we should work with Unity. It's a very powerful engine and doesn't look too hard to learn. Example: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/652872
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

This guy did many works.
All his Games.
Study his earlier work, may help you guys out.
http://www.psionicgames.com/games/

I wish I could be of more help.
But this kind of programming I really wish I understood to be able to help, but I'm currently working with AutoCADD programing taking up my time.

More over, I don't trust my laptop with any shared projects without it eating it up completely.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

http://pcg-documentation-site.wikia.com ... ot_Summary

...do we all agree with this plot?

Lol, it has nothing with original idea I still remember. :D
(see Sublevel's and Officer's ideas)

I need answer because right now I'm sitting at the table and constructing puzzles.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Last time I checked, yes we did. There was a whole lot of arguing back and forth, an abundance of ideas, but we ended up being alright with that summary.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Oh... It is too hard to read it, and understand...

Can you write short version for me, please? :D

with universe characteristics.
And short description of world, base (place where game takes), etc.

:)
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

I'll see what I can do.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So, how is it? :)
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Alright, I could always type it out here.

Plot:
  • The player wakes up in the facility with no memories.
  • They a) meet an android, b) discover they can transfer their mind to different computer entities in the facility.
  • They navigate the facility, discovering in the process a) they're what's left of the security AI, which backed itself up in the brain of a test subject, b) the nature of the facility, the organization, and the experiment
  • Transferring to and controlling other computers with mechanical abilities is a major gameplay aspect.
  • To escape the facility, they find a way to reactivate the experiment and mend space-time.
  • When trying to get out of the facility, the android reveals itself to have been trying to destroy evidence, and turns on the player. The player defeats it.
  • The player escapes.
Background:
The real world, plus a few years. It's been discovered that certain Em fields can be used to achieve space-time-warping effects. The technology is banned, because a) media paints it as the next nuke, and b) to properly harness the effect, neural computing is required to compensate for the extremely complex background noise patterns. Given the practically-impossible nature of reverse-engineering a neural network, no practically useful understanding of the phenomenon can be achieved without experimentation of live, sentient beings, given current technology levels. The organization is a secret entity not interested in obeying this.

The facility:
Underground research base in the antarctic. Lots of offices, but no shortage of space dedicated to conservation chambers for human test subjects, laboratories, ominous machinery, etc. Overall a practical construction, reinforced where the important stuff is, otherwise the common mix of metal and concrete, possibly with plain rock walls in the larger chambers.

At least, this is how I got it.