Memories about Submachine...

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Memories about Submachine...

Post by Sublevel 113 »

@RoentgenDevice: What about
Question:
What did you feel when you heard Scary sound, and discovered HIS tomb.
Murtaugh's tomb.
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

Sublevel 102 wrote:@RoentgenDevice: What about
Question:
Murtaugh's tomb.
It sure was very surprising, but didn't really frighten me that much or that long... I was like, "OH, loud sound effect!!!" and then, "Aha, Plot twist!" ;)
Error_3113 wrote:and unfortunately i wasn't as invested in room escape games when I played Subs 1-5, so I used walkthroughs more often :(
*Sigh* i did the same thing with 3-8... I was just too immature/ inexperienced to really enjoy them back then.
The net is vast and infinite
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

RoentgenDevice wrote:and then, "Aha, Plot twist!" ;)
with ;) smile?

---------
I used hint for Sub2 and Sub4, but only because it was my first year in flash gaming, and I didn't understand Einstein puzzle, and I didn't know English, and I didn't read notes at all. DX
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

Sublevel 102 wrote:
RoentgenDevice wrote:and then, "Aha, Plot twist!" ;)
with ;) smile?
Nope!

I have enough pride to not to wink at my computer screen.
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

I first heard about Submachine as of the launch of Sub5, on a local game hosting site. I was quite fond of point-and-click games by then, and I was like "Oh, there's this Submachine game thingy. If it's up to the fifth game, it can't be bad at all." So I reached out for the first one and OH MY GOD MY BRAIN IS ALL OVER THE WALLS. Didn't take any long to love the series. The funniest part is that as I awaited Sub6, I DID end up thinking about Submachine on my spare time. For some reason, Submachine had such a specific environment and feeling that I have YET to see in any other game ever. To think that I often reflected about what could be the truth behind the Submachine, trying to mentally glue up the pieces in my mind on the most random moments... yep, it was that awesome :D

It actually took me the launch of Sub7 to go search for a Subgod-related forum, though, for some reason. I guess that was when it hit me that more people could be addicted to such a masterpiece as well (You can just imagine me trying to tell my friends how awesome Submachine was. Now that I think about it, telling doesn't cut it. One HAS to play, words will never suffice. This is truly a masterpiece that is so dense and wonderful that ultimately cannot be described by words! How many games have achieved such a thing?). That was when I also decided to look at other stuff Mateusz created; there goes my love for Daymare Town and Covert Front as well. To this day I can only think "How in the world can this guy turn everything he touches into pure gold?" I guess it's the combination of all different things. The ambience sound, the music, the gameplay, the puzzles, and for a great deal, the art. I don't know the "style" to describe it, but things like Where Is...?, 10 Gnomes In..., and the overall art style used for the games are... well, I don't know how to put it words. It's "Skutnikian", I guess. As if he made something completely new, built from ground up...

As a curiosity, the first game from MS I did play was Covert Front 1, but I seriously did not want to cross the initial hallway because I thought it would be a jumpscare horror game :P (And my reaction when I found out, years later, that the "scary hallway game" was in fact something from Mateusz was one out of two near heart attacks he gave me. The second one, I do believe I've told him once, but if you haven't read it then, you won't hear it from me now!)

Also -> Sub9 tombs, obviously. One out of two times that I seriously thought there WOULD be a jumpscare in Subgod's games. It took me a few minutes of mustering up my mind after the initial surprise of "OH MY GOD IT'S THE VERY OWN MURTAUGH'S TOMB GOOD JESUS LORD"
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

Is the 2nd jumpscare in Daymare Town 1, when you meet the librarian? xD

And I can relate to the problem of putting Submachine in words... I tried to make a friend play it and failed. He just imagines it as some artsy fartsy puzzle game with a horror plot and will probably miss that experience forever :|
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

RoentgenDevice wrote:Is the 2nd jumpscare in Daymare Town 1, when you meet the librarian? xD
Ugh, that as well. AND the weird guys in DmT 2 by the plaza with the carcass with maggots on the table, too (Inside the house, where you can only peek through a window and hand some medicine IIRC); but I was thinking about the one in the same area that is facing the wall like a zombie, you click on the ground to pick an item, and BAM, it's staring in your face with a high-pitched tune. Oh, those were the days.

Which reminds me of requesting more jumpscares if DmT 5 is ever made
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow
I like your stories
:)

(I knew Submachine and DayMare are actually survival horror!!!)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

TD wrote:Now that I think about it, telling doesn't cut it. One HAS to play, words will never suffice. This is truly a masterpiece that is so dense and wonderful that ultimately cannot be described by words! How many games have achieved such a thing?
That's why none of my friends understand Submachine, they haven't mustered up the energy to play it yet (aside from loyal KefKonic, of course) :P
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

New question.
Question:
Murtaugh's tomb.

Question:
How did you react and wht did you think about when you saw "MAP" symbol first time in Fifth Layer in Submachine 8: The Plan? (symbol from main menu)