BEAST (forum story) - Chapter 1

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: BEAST (forum story) - Chapter 1

Post by Sublevel 113 »

takeittakeittakeittakeit
useitonlockedhatchuseituseit

but before: quickly make flashlight work again!!!

(I hope there won't jumpscare behind their backs... O_O)
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

OMG, its happening!
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

<let's continue!>
Sublevel 105 wrote:quickly make flashlight work again!!!
<it's already working, they put the battery in the flashlight to see what was inside the sheet :P >
Sublevel 105 wrote:takeittakeittakeittakeit
useitonlockedhatchuseituseit
Luke takes the small key.

<LUKE>: Let's get out of here!

But Ian stops Luke before he goes to open the hatch.

<IAN>: Wait! Did you forget about the shadows? We will alert them if we make a move like that.

<LUKE>: The shadows haven't made any move so far, perhaps they got tired of waiting and left. Besides, we have the flashlight. We're wasting time here, our friend "M" is waiting for us at the factory. I say we take the risk.

Ian reluctantly agrees. He knows this is their best chance to survive, but he can't help being scared. They go try the key in the hatch, their hearts beating hard, with the flashlight ready for any possible danger.

The hatch opens!

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

*explodes*

------

(at first seconds I thought it's GIF image and there will be jumpscare from the darkness)

Command: Move down, into the darkness? Use flashlight as path torch and shield.

and take quick look up, at ceiling window?.. O_O
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 105 wrote:Command: Move down, into the darkness? Use flashlight as path torch and shield.
Once they are sure there is no danger, they start climbing down the ladder.

Sublevel 105 wrote:and take quick look up, at ceiling window?.. O_O
Ian takes a look at the window to check if there has been any movement.

Nothing seems to have changed...

After a while, they finally arrive at what looks like a long underground passage. The air feels cold but there is no dark fog here. The walls are made of stone. There are two columns, one of each side of the passage.

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

stone walls? wtsh?.. Oo

(I hope it's not teaser for Mr. Stick chapter 3? XD)

Commands: Make wonder why there's stone walls, and move forward, but don't forget to check what's behind columns.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 105 wrote:Commands: Make wonder why there's stone walls
They wonder why the walls are made of stone. The most logical reason is that the passage was artificially excavated from a preexisting stone ground. But what is the purpose of this passage anyway? Why it is connected to the warehouse, where does it lead to? So many questions...
Sublevel 105 wrote:move forward, but don't forget to check what's behind columns.
Ian and Luke start to slowly walk forward along the passage, in silence, hearing only the echo of their steps. They find nothing behind the columns. They can feel the cold atmosphere around them; the end of the corridor can't yet be seen from where they are.

After a short while, they heard a sudden sound, above from the room they just left behind. A very distinctive sound...

...the sound of glass breaking.

The suddenness of the sound breaking the silence startles them. Without any time for Ian to react, the flashlight slips from his hands and FALLS... with such bad luck that IT BREAKS!!

SHIT SHIT SHIT

THEY CAN'T SEE ANYTHING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

*explodes*

dammit, I don't remember details I need to reread the story.

Well, I have four thoughts:

1) DID THEY CLOSE THE HATCH BEFORE GOING FORWARD SO THEY CAN HAVE SOME EXTRA TIME BEFORE SHADOWS FIND THEM???

2) YOU? BROKE? FLASHLIGHT???

3) right before you broke flashlight... MAYBE. did you notice any signs how far corridor goes and signs of turn to the left/right or exit?

4) FUCKING RUN!!!
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 105 wrote:Well, I have four thoughts:

1) DID THEY CLOSE THE HATCH BEFORE GOING FORWARD SO THEY CAN HAVE SOME EXTRA TIME BEFORE SHADOWS FIND THEM???

2) YOU? BROKE? FLASHLIGHT???

3) right before you broke flashlight... MAYBE. did you notice any signs how far corridor goes and signs of turn to the left/right or exit?

4) FUCKING RUN!!!
1) They had left it open to watch the ceiling window while they were climbing down. A terrible mistake.
<your mistake :mrgreen:>

2) At least that is what it sounded like. It is strange, because the flashlight has survived a greater fall before... and it is supposed to be shockproof. Perhaps the batteries just fell out when it hit the ground? But there is no time to check!!

3) Unfortunately, no. The passage is straight and featureless as far as they have seen...

4) Ian and Luke don't waste a second. Terrified and cursing under their breath, they quickly pick up the flashlight and start blindy running through the passage as fast as they can, away from the ladder. They instinctively look back, but they still can't see anything.

After what seems like an eternity, they bump into a wall in front of them. From feeling around, they gather that the corridor bifurcates into two ways: left and right. They have to think FAST! What to do!?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ok...

1) I hope you didn't FORGET to pick up flashlight with you?

2) (heh, I'm left-handed) It's serious. I have two ways to chose right direction:
a) can you quickly detect if there's fresh air coming from one of directions, or air flow moving to there? If yes - go there!
b) Can you understand, in what cardinal direction did you run? Try to understand where are you now very quick. If there's buildings/objects above the passage, on the land? Like, bunker, castle, lake, chasm, etc? If yes - go in this direction?