wisdom crystal finder

Re: News

Post by Augustus »

Jatsko, we are used to it :/
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

RIP Turkey, I will never be able to set foot in that country again until Erdogan dies :)))))))))) (and shoutout to my dad for being a stubborn idiot)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Care to explain what's going on? I'm an uneducated American and I'm seeing a lot of headlines and none of them make too much sense with the knowledge I have.
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

They held a referendum on Sunday on whether or not to refom the presidential system – effectively giving the president unlimited power and turning Turkey into a dictatorship. It succeeded (with massive fraud), so next they'll reinstate the death penalty. And Turks living abroad mostly voted yes which is pretty fucked up.

So the Republic of Turkey is effectively dead.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I am glad to hear you chose the other side... That part should express themselfs way more. It is good to hear this from Turkish people themselfs.
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

Well I'm sure a lot of people would call me stupid or "not a real Turk" or whatever....the problem is those who live in Turkey and are against the regime (which is like 50% of people) are pressured not to speak out and face imprisonment and constant surveillance by Turkish Gestapo.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

And that is horrible. Even for you it is brave to say so.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

If everything you say is pure truth - it's disgusting situation.

not surprised some people think recent coup was just a play.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So you're not in Turkey anymore?
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

I have German and Turkish citizenship (German mom and Turkish dad) but I've lived in Germany since I was 4. My parents are divorced and my dad lives in Turkey, so I used to visit him in Turkey during school breaks. Haven't seen him in over 2 years due to the political situation there. Should have clarified that. Sorry.

My dad supports the president and refuses to come to Germany which is why I'm unable to see him still and why I said he's stubborn.