BEAST forum story - discussion thread

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: BEAST (forum story) - discussion thread

Post by Sublevel 113 »

question: I will not ask you how much chapters story has, but: will it be big story? How long we will play it?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Well, the premise is short, the story could fit in two chapters if i wanted to severely cut everything. But fully developed, it will be roughly like A'LLUKIN.

Or at least that's what I thought, because even cutting scenes from the prologue chapter it ended up as 22 pages long, almost twice of what was originally planned XD

About the play time, I honestly have no idea. It mostly depends on you guys, the more people playing it the faster it will finish.

EDIT, as for the number of chapters, if you want to know, I have planned at least 5 chapters, counting the prologue.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I want you return all cut material back. later.
please? :')
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

come on... XD

I didn't even draw it in the end, it was about exploring all other rooms of Elisa's apartment and finding nothing useful, more chatting with Shadow Elisa, exploring the surroundings of the building, etc. As I said it was nothing essential, just to fill up the time, so I cut it up when I saw that the chapter was going to be stretched for so long.

There were only two scenes I drew that I ended up cutting, and it was before that. If you want I can show them here, but they're a stupidity, really XD
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:There were only two scenes I drew that I ended up cutting, and it was before that. If you want I can show them here, but they're a stupidity, really XD
as bonus material for completing Prologue chapter!

Please? :)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Okay... :P

-First one:

The sound was originally made by a mouse moving a cabinet door. I changed it because I thought that it would make a better effect if I showed no signs of life at all. I had to change the whole layout of the building to add an inner open space for the window to make sense, but I think it was worth it.

-Second one:

This was in response to Bender's second stupid command. I deleted it because you don't like funny scenes that kill the mood XD
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

1) thank you very much for showing these pictures. :D
2) thank you very much for cutting second picture, where monster looks looks like clown... it would break all atmosphere!
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

no prob :)
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Excellent story, Vortex :D
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

thank you! :)

I've learned a lot from this chapter, especially that I can't predict what commands you're going to post, and in many cases I'll need to have a plan B prepared if things don't go the way I expected.

but overall I'm satisfied, I think I've done acceptably, given that it's my first time making a forum story XD