Movies! (and television)

- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Movies!

Post by - ak - »

Logan is really good film with some great characters, bloody actions, and cinematic themes going on.

But best comic book movie? Eh, not quite. It stands as one of better X-Men movies (X2, First Class, and Day of Future Past are still the best of bunch). I also LOVE Deadpool, but it is not quite your typical X-Men movie even if it is within X-Universe so I see it as its own film rather than a part of franchise.

Avengers is still the best pure comic book movie and The Dark Knight is still by far the BEST overall comic book movie ever made. It is still thematically relevant today with some superb characters, plot development, and the grand dichotomy between two opposing forces. You still cannot go wrong with late great Heath Ledger as the one and only Joker with his endless barrage of magic tricks.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Dark knight doesn't even hold a candle next to logan.

Avengers? you can't be serious. :D
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:Dark knight doesn't even hold a candle next to logan.

I called Avengers the best PURE comic book movie because it is literally felt like the story was ripped straight out of pages and onto the movie perfectly. It is the perfect mixture of fun, funny, and epic.

The Dark Knight to me is the OVERALL best comic book film. Not only it felt like a grand epic straight of comic book, it is also a great crime thriller with dense writing and themes right out of a god-damn novel. It still a great examination of heroes in our modern society, why we need them, and how we deal with people on the other sides without becoming them. No other movies in that genre even come close to it, not even Logan or few of my personal favorites such as Doctor Strange, X-Men: First Class, Captain America: Winter Soldier, or even Deadpool.

To be fair, Logan is a kick-ass film in a lot of way with examinations of inevitable end, wanted/unwanted parental influence and inheritance, the act of heroism, and the pain and anguish of growth and life without family to return to. The film nailed on those themes, but I don't feel that they're quite as powerful as what The Dark Knight already succeed so brilliantly.

Hugh Jackman is damn fine, but come on... Heath Ledger, my man.

8-)
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

In honor of pi day I suggest y'all get some pie and watch Pi by Darren Aronofsky.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

!!!

though I think I've mentioned that I lke that movie already. Maybe I'll call it up on Netflix later.

(it's still on Netflix right?)
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

I don't have Netflix so I dunno *shrugs*
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

Sligthly dissapointed with the new Beauty and the Beast.

1) I do not like the re-design of the Beast. Too human-like :/ maybe it's the nose?
2) The "first Disney gay character" hype was VERY overblown. There's barely any action. I wanted more! :3

Animated version for the win <3
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Isobel wrote: 2) The "first Disney gay character" hype was VERY overblown.
O_o
?
You has disappointment because of this?

(not watched it)
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

Sublevel 105 wrote:
Isobel wrote: 2) The "first Disney gay character" hype was VERY overblown.
O_o
?
You has disappointment because of this?

(not watched it)
Yes. It's wasn't gay enough! :(

This guy said it better:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-beauty- ... ay-enough/
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:Dark knight doesn't even hold a candle next to logan.

I just saw Logan this Monday, I do have to say it is a Good film, a great send off/ending for the X-Men cinematic universe. i.e. no after credit scene/no more characters left. But great none the less; only downside to theater: no subtitles. I had one of my hearing aids with a working batterie and one that didn't. I had to go online to know that the Adamantium was the thing that was killing logan.

While my only defense to Dark Knight movie is their adaption and modern installation to a more realistic approach for the Gotham universe. Better story quality compared to Batman V Superman. Granted I never watch that one.

Avengers only works with a dedicated fan, i.e. I've seen all of the movies before that one and I been watching ABC 'Agents of Sheild', which has gaps in the show that are related to the films. Example, during the middle of season one the Captian America Winter Soldier came out in theaters and you had to see it in order to know what the character were talking about.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING