Relationships

Jance
lost in subnet

Re: Relationships

Post by Jance »

Actually I had knew all along he's not on the same page with me XD Like he's going through the first chapter of the book, when I'm in the middle of it and peeking last pages XDDD But I haven't told him that so I thought it's okay... <:D
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Confession time:
So I think I have a crush on a girl since high school but I don't know what to do about it. She really nice and I can't get her voice out of my head, it's too amazing, and we share some of the same interests but she has a boyfriend already and things might not end well because she's Muslim, so I'm stuck. Help?
Is this my final form?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Things might not end well between her and her boyfriend?
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

Yeah, the punctuation (or lack thereof) is a tad confusing :P

Do you mean that you think it might be a problem because she's Muslim and that you are not religious?
I have seen some couples work very well together despite their differences in matters of faith, but I suspect you might end up grasping at straws; it could ultimately come down to how conservative she and her parents' views are. Now, if you didn't mean that, I have no idea what you mean, so uh... now, if that is what you mean, we could talk a little more about it :D

As for the fact that she has a boyfriend already: can't help you there, man. I've decided that at my tender age, it's pointless to act on those feelings, so I'm utterly lacking in knowledge there.

Wait wait I know!

Get a knife; a big, blunt knife. Sharpen it. A lot. Track down the boyfriend. Wait till the dead of night. Sneak in with the knife while he's sleeping...

Cut a slice of cake for him with the knife, and then offer it to him. :D

^psst star wars spoilers
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

No, I mean between her and me.
Is this my final form?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Spoilers, huh?

I know from your Tumblr that you're not *exactly* the most religious person out there, Kakama, so if that would get in the way then it's best not to pursue. You can't make her change her views to better suit you, obviously :P

Also, if she has a boyfriend, it's definitely not the best to directly intervene with your feelings. However you could always continue to talk to her and grow close to her. There's nothing wrong with that, and if the boyfriend thinks there is, then either you would then be either have been too pushy or the boyfriend too possessive. (If she thinks there's a problem, you're being too pushy).

But there's never a bad time to get to know someone better, in any form. If it would kill you to get to know her well and to grow close together without being boyfriend and girlfriend, then maybe rethink it. It all depends on comfort.

I have a very 'open' view on relationships. It doesn't mean I advocate open relationships specifically, it's just that I try to stay away from options that would put a label on a situation. So that's my advice from that perspective.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

I need some advice:

My best friend (who is a girl) fell in love with me, but the thing is I don't want to date her and I started to hate her because she started to act really weird around me and does not stop following me in school. At first I wanted to go on a date with her (but never had feelings for her), because she was the nicest girl I know. But changed, she started to act like a complete bitch and she thinks I am too in love with her, and I will do anything to get her. I told her to fuck off, but she just does not stop trying to create conversation with me. It is getting really annoying, and she thinks I am playing hard to get. My friend said that it is normal to think your crush has a crush on you when you are in love, but I don't understand why she is acting like bitch. The most annoying thing is, she makes me pity her by saying "I am so sad, I can't focus on my lessons, I need you, blah blah..." but when I forgive her she started acting the same again, I just can't understand it, I don't really care anymore, but I feel actually a little sad. I don't want to lose my best friend and I know I neglected her a lot in the past even though I knew she was in love with me. I think trying make me feel sad about it, but I am not going to even talk to her until she decides to act normal again. Any advice how to handle this situation?
Bender sucks
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

I have to admit I felt something for her at some point, but it has faded
Bender sucks
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

You just have to kindly and calmly tell her that you are not interested, and you want her to leave you alone.

Nobody wants to be rejected, maybe that's why she keeps stalking you.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

Isobel The Sorceress wrote:You just have to kindly and calmly tell her that you are not interested, and you want her to leave you alone.

I told her so many times, she just does not stop. And I just keep forgiving her. The thing is, I really miss her friendship and don't want to lose her..
Bender sucks