rant board

Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: rant board

Post by Anteroinen »

Jatsko wrote:Welp, I screwed up.

Went to delete a shitposting sideblog on tumblr, didn't read closely enough, and deleted JATSKO, VOIDSCAN, PASTEL FORUM, and my shitposting blog. Everything's gone.

I'm reinstating Jatsko and Voidscan now; they'll be fresh and ready to go soon. I don't think there's much of a point in keeping Pastel Forum around; most everyone who follows it is also following me on tumblr or is on this forum.

So yeah. Kinda sad to see all of my posts gone, but there's a silver lining for a fresh start.
Man that sucks. I have kept my blog pretty stale and there isn't that much interesting stuff there, but the Lexember stuff is pretty personally important. I am not even sure if I've saved all of that stuff.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

oh I see now
:(

just f*ck
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Shit, man. I was actually just wondering why I didn't see any of your posts on tumblr anymore suddenly and saw your blog was gone. Good to know you didn't quit or something.

edit: nvm I just read the other thread. sads :((
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Wow, that sucks :(
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

I deleted my tumblr page a few weeks ago on a whim and am really regretting the decision because all my original posts are now lost in the tumblr void and the tumblr algorithm has become terrible. I did create a backup account to save my url but even if I decided to return to tumblr it wouldn't be the same. not sure what to do.

I guess my posts have now turned into subnet travelers lol, lost forever with no clear way of being found

on another note I feel very overwhelmed by the sheer amount of posts in the forum and I don't know where to begin to become a more active member and contribute. any advice? I know there's a must-read list of threads but even that list is immense so does anyone have recommendations for essential threads? I also feel like I need to create notifications for myself for when streams are going on and such....

all this has to do also with the fact that I feel like the most active members have been here for a long time and as a fairly new member I'm not sure how to fit in? I'm glad there's a rant thread for pointless ramblings lol
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

empoeria wrote:all my original posts are now lost in the tumblr void and the tumblr algorithm has become terrible.
This was the worst for me too.
empoeria wrote: on another note I feel very overwhelmed by the sheer amount of posts in the forum and I don't know where to begin to become a more active member and contribute. any advice? I know there's a must-read list of threads but even that list is immense so does anyone have recommendations for essential threads? I also feel like I need to create notifications for myself for when streams are going on and such....
The must-read, from what I've gathered, is not a hard requirement. There's no comprehension quiz. It's more sort of the traditional stronghold of the forum, I think.

As far as streams, mat always streams at the same time, 4PM EST on Sunday. I try to do an hour before, but I've started gravitating toward 4PM EST on Fridays because that works better for me, and other people also seem to like it as well. So rely on those times.
empoeria wrote: all this has to do also with the fact that I feel like the most active members have been here for a long time and as a fairly new member I'm not sure how to fit in? I'm glad there's a rant thread for pointless ramblings lol
Don't look for ways to fit in. You'll notice after a while that certain members gravitate toward certain threads. Don't feel like you have to attack all threads at once (I sure haven't).

Also, Sublevel and Vortex and kind still feel like long-time members even to me, and I've been here for almost 3 years. So it's all relative, and most everyone feels it.

Just do what you want, and don't feel forced to look into anything you don't want to. Topics and discussions are constantly changing, so it's not worth it :D

Really, the only sure-fire way to not fit in is to actively go against the forum, which you're not doing.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I think Jatsko already told everything you need, Empoeria.

Don't consider this forum as some strong school discipline. It's a place for relax and communication! ;)

http://www.pastelland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=624
list of main threads.
You can pick up thread and read it if you like, and join our forum games or discussions.
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

thanks guys :)
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

A lot of crazy stuff happened to me, I wanted to study architecture at first but then I didn't like that I basically had to draw buildings all day, I thought there would be maths involved but no, so now I'm doing a degree in electrical and electronic engineering but I don't know what to do with my life after that. I'm really scared of ending up doing some menial job I don't like.
Is this my final form?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

damn, that smells not right....

But what job do you like?