rant board

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: rant board

Post by Vortex »

Well, the assigned points should be in increasing order from least to most liked, but the lining-up of the votes themselves is not so important as long as it's understandable. The format I posted (ordered by fanart) is slightly more convenient for me because I can quickly arrange a table in a spreadsheet and sum the points for each fanart, but any other way is okay for me :)
Apocrypha wrote:(And also, when you make an example can you reorder them in something other than their submitted order, as I think that's confusing to some people?)
good point... XD. I see how that can be confusing, sorry about it. I'll arrange the points randomly next time to make a better example.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Vortex, remember that I pay for this award. :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I remember ^^ it's a very nice gesture from you.

The results are out now, you can talk with Groke and arrange something :)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Congratulations to winners! ^^
</happy board in in topic>
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I'll take care of it :D
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Vortex wrote:Well, the assigned points should be in increasing order from least to most liked, but the lining-up of the votes themselves is not so important as long as it's understandable.
Okay I think this is where it got set up for misunderstandings, because I took "in increasing order" to mean "arrange the votes from least to most liked". I mean, giving the fanart you favor the most points is self-explanatory, no? Since it's points and not school grades.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Maybe just rate them to let's say 1 for best and 7 worst and make the person who has the least votes the winner?
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

No, it's fine as is, bar some minor contentions I have with the system. The point is the description has been a bit misleading, apparently.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Empoeria wrote:I mean, giving the fanart you favor the most points is self-explanatory, no? Since it's points and not school grades.
Well, what I wanted to avoid was people assigning 1 point to the most liked fanart, 2 points to the next, etc. thinking it's some sort of rank number (and it happened anyways XD).
Empoeria wrote:No, it's fine as is, bar some minor contentions I have with the system. The point is the description has been a bit misleading, apparently.
Yeah, I realize that now, sorry :( I'll definitely make the wording more specific in the next issue.
Empoeria

Post by Empoeria »

Don't sweat it Vort, some people just can't read anyway :P