rant board

reed
subnet technician

Re: rant board

Post by reed »

Thank you, Cone. Nah, you're not assuming too much here. =)
Yeah, summers are teh worst.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

thank you. subgod dammit. everything is fine.

3 hours was spent by me to fix computer after father made "updates". Now everything looks fine. phew.
Thanks subgod. Because ~8 years ago we needed to reinstall windows. :/
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

did you have a backup just in case? these things can happen quite often.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

yep. But usually make backups, but still: I haven't backup of EVERYTHING, every single byte of my information. XD
It changes every hour...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

true XD
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

This is major #pettybulls**t but about 9 months ago I ended my friendship with 4 people I'd grown up with because the way they were behaving toward me was quite hurtful – anyway, I cut ties with them as well on social media and unfriended/unfollowed all of them except for one. I know they've been keeping track of me though, but no interactions.

Now recently I've been posting my artwork on Instagram and suddenly one of them (coincidentally the one who arguably hurt me the most) comes out of her hole and likes my artwork???? This is such a stupid thing to complain about but like.....bitch? At least pretend you don't care?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Just block them on all platforms. If you keep doing that, it hopefully will end someday. I have the same with some... people.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

well, sometimes. SOMETIMES. If you had biggest quarrel with someone, and after much time he/she catches you somewhere and likes your work, it doesn't mean he/she has bad intentions or thoughts... :geek:

Besides... What reason of that quarrel (and with FOUR people???)? What EXACTLY they do so bad about you? If you don't mind, tell us.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Sublevel 105 wrote: Besides... What reason of that quarrel (and with FOUR people???)? What EXACTLY they do so bad about you? If you don't mind, tell us.
Not sure having bad relations with 4 people is exactly surprise-worthy, and I would never expect Emp to divulge the circumstances to some internet weirdos.

@Emp: Sublevel might have a point when he says that this person might not have bad intentions, but provided they did hurt you a lot in the past then I could see why just them trying to interact with you might set you off. I would try to just ignore it and not spend time ripping your hair out as to why this person does what they do. If you ignore it you can also prove to yourself that you've moved on from it.

---

Felt it appropriate to respond to that before I post my own shit.

Opening up HitFilm this morning to work on BTM6:
support2.png
support2.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
I literally had it running fine last night. I even streamed the damn thing. And for context my laptop runs a NVidia GeForce 840 graphics card.

But now I go and look at the system requirements page just to see if I missed something:
support.png
support.png (35.45 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
(https://hitfilm.com/express/specs#requirements)

...Series 9? Wtf? I've been using the 840M fine for about a year, probably.

So have these requirements always been in place and through some weird bug I've been able to run the program this whole time with an unsupported card? But that doesn't seem to be the case as I've found this reply in a past thread from 2014:
support 3.png
support 3.png (24.4 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
(https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/45 ... hitfilm/p6)

So...the only other thing I can think of is that Hitfilm changed their system requirements in the few hours between last night's stream and now, without any sort of notification. Hell, I don't even think the actual program itself did any sort of updating, so why would there be any need for the minimum graphics requirement to update from the 8 series to a 9 series at all?

So now I'm left with no way to put together BTM6 or any future video, including one I wanted to compile to show my potential college professors and deans to show what I'm interested in and what my aspirations might involve.

What the hell am I supposed to do?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

That sucks... :/

could it be that your graphic card's driver had an update, instead of Hitfilm? or nothing updated during last night?