rant board

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: rant board

Post by Sublevel 113 »

heh, knew somebody would say that.

I don't go to politics, military, hackers, riots, science... not becoming or joining force that can push this world. :P
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think you both have a point. Sublevel has little influence in how worldwide forces move, but many people are in the same situation as him (don't go to politics, military, etc.) and together they make an important factor, even if they didn't vote at all, public opinion matters a lot in many issues.
zombieshooter
lost in subnet

Post by zombieshooter »

Sorry I was feeling kinda depressed when I wrote that but I feel better now. In retrospect I guess it's not exactly a rant anyway, I was feeling more hopeless than angry

I'm not gonna be more specific because my views are pretty far to the left and I don't feel like starting an argument, but suffice to say I think the problems in the world are inherent to how our society is currently organized so while we can treat the symptoms (and should, absolutely), to completely "cure" the world we're going to need a lot of work to radically change how things work and there are a lot of obstacles.

Anyway sorry for bringing up politics, it's just something that's been on my mind lately. Don't let me make things awkward, please
Long ago, in the distant future...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I bet there's a politics thread around here somewhere where you can feel free to share whatever you like. And you're not making things awkward :P
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

People generally don't tend to pick arguments over politics here. Even if they disagree.
zombieshooter
lost in subnet

Post by zombieshooter »

Jatsko wrote:I bet there's a politics thread around here somewhere where you can feel free to share whatever you like.
Thanks but I really don't want to start talking about anarchism on here too, I've already got my tumblr for that :P I was just giving some context for why I felt pessimistic last night
Long ago, in the distant future...
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

The mayor problem with humanity is that it only protects itself, and from anything but itself.

I am optimist and I think there's still hope, even if that means that shitty things may happen. But heck, shit always happens. It's a "take or leave it" situation.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

OWW My Bleeding Ears!!! There was a fire in the apartment, the building wide fire alarms went off. It hurts more because I had my hearing aid in at the time.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

was fire damage huge? All is ok?
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

Oh jeeze, sorry to hear about that. I hope there wasn't too much damage.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com