Dreams

Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Dreams

Post by Boingo »

I dream in colour, but unfortunately, I'm one of the very small percentage who sometimes (Like once a month) get that "Explosion in your head" problem, where just before you fall asleep, your brain spasms slightly. Oh, and it feels like the bed jolted.

I have strange dreams... :geek:
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Once I had LD. That was pretty awesome, but after time, I think: maybe it wasn't real? I could just autosugest, because I was reading about it in this time. But for a moment I had control. Or it was just another way to fool me. Damn you my brain! I hate dreaming.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Boingo wrote:I dream in colour, but unfortunately, I'm one of the very small percentage who sometimes (Like once a month) get that "Explosion in your head" problem, where just before you fall asleep, your brain spasms slightly. Oh, and it feels like the bed jolted.

I have strange dreams... :geek:
never had that problem... maybe once, I think.
Once I had LD.
Lol, I read it as "Once I had LSD" :P
That was pretty awesome, but after time, I think: maybe it wasn't real? I could just autosugest, because I was reading about it in this time. But for a moment I had control. Or it was just another way to fool me. Damn you my brain! I hate dreaming.
I can control my dreams rather often, the feeling is awesome! :D
borys610

Post by borys610 »

First thing I did, when I realised that I have control, was trying to jump from window. Why?
I gathered control during longer dream, that started, when I didn't know it is a dream. It was one of the "strange" dreams, I was girl in it, I some random women tried to take me from my father. He had no objections. I don't remember this part well, but that was chains in it.
Situation was shitty. So when I gathered control, I turned into some old guy (don't know why), and tried to jump of the window, in order to awake. But I couldn't. I was scared. I don't know what happened later.
I almost never remember my dreams well.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Facts that I noticed during my dreams:
1) Time inside dream is running very strange: one time I watched 3-hour movie (or more) in my dream, but when I woke up, clocks showed me that I dreamed only... 30 minutes! true story
2) Dammit you really can feel in dreams. Horror, pain, fatigue, adrenalin feelings...
I remember when in my worst nightmare I lost my JAW, I felt HUGE PAIN, but when I woke up, all was right... No signs that I leaned my face to battery or to something that could make that pain...
3) I read that you can controll dreams... It is the truth. If you understand that it is dream, you can say/think, what you want to change in your dream. Many times I stopped my nightmares when I understand that it is not reality (I changes my nightmare to simple dream, or I just breaks my dream). BUT I noticed that in every dream you can't control your own mind: you just don't remember your reality, and things, what you wanted to do in dream.
4*) Well, I understand WHY I see Submachine dream every week... But I still don't understand what to do to see what you want to see...

phew... Now I want to explore dream science...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

You seem to be a dreaming expert :)

When I'm able to control my dreams (I think it's called a lucid dream) I always choose to end everything in an epic way :D

But sometimes in my dreams happen not only unreal and illogical things, but also inconsistent with my own knowledge. For example, 2 nights ago, in my dream I was able to pass through an invisible passage between my mother's flat and the neighbor's, and it was under the entryphone (kinda like the harry potter's 9 3/4 thing). Not only was it absurd, but it looks like my unconscious brain didn't remember that there was no "neighbor" in that direction, you'd fell off to the street's ground if that passage existed IRL. And when my I inside the dream realized that, it seems that my brain got so annoyed for that memory fail (but not for the absurd of the passage!) that I woke up immediately O_O

I hate having "bad memory" even when dreaming XD
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I guess I could recount an old interestingly intricate dream. I am a bit bored after all.

The dream starts in a strangely regular fashion, although there are already some things a bit off. I'm eating in the school cafeteria, with my friends. Interestingly two of my friends, who were moved to another school due to logistical reasons, are also sitting with me. Were are eating and passing time like usually. I believe we had some sort of a soup. Unfortunately this tranquility was shortlived.

Soon the wall towards the garden of the school began to freeze over and cracks appeared in the windows in the extreme temperatures. I was a bit unnerved by this and said that we should probably get moving. We were just about to do so as the whole wall was shattered, disintegrating into minute specks of frozen shrapnel. As the air cleared we saw something rather extraordinary. A swarm of Kohraks - Bohroks of Ice from the Lego series of Bionicle* - were attacking our school!

Me and my friends were just about to flee screaming like the others, but we were intercepted by the car of the janitor. The car was a nice shade of burgundy and without a driver. Verily, the car drove by itself! We didn't as much climb in to the car as the car grabbed us, and then a long trip down then hills of the rural countryside followed. We didn't seem to be pursued by the Bohrok so we were pretty pleased, of course not realising at that time that a swarm of Kohroks would instantly freeze and kill the other students. As time passed, however, we came aware that something was amiss: the car was not in our control at all. Our attempts to direct the cars path were all futile. It was getting pretty annoying to be stuffed into a rather small car in uncomfortable positions with way too many people - seven, I think.

Only after a long time did the car throw us out. We were very close to the school again, and although the day at that time was serene we started running over the wheat fields to get as much distance between the school and us as possible. We soon crossed the ditch that divides the field into two, no sooner than ten seconds after this the Toa Mata** - the legendary heroes weren't such after all - began rising from the ground and catching us all without much effort. Onua*** caught me and I believe Lewa**** caught my friend Alex. Who caught who is kind of irrelevant to the story though, which is nearing its end.

Time seemed to run faster as the Toa carried us to the ditch that meandered in ways I couldn't recall it doing. It was as if the reality was being rewound faster and faster - until all came to a hault. The Toa had brought us before another one, one that I couldn't recognize. He wore a purple Hau - the Mask of Shielding***** - and was otherwise all black. As he raised his sword as stood up from the ditch bank, as it were, the dream abruptly ended.

For reference:

*** - the black one
**** - the green one
***** - red in the picture above
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Oh, Bionicle...Good times, good times.
1) Time inside dream is running very strange: one time I watched 3-hour movie (or more) in my dream, but when I woke up, clocks showed me that I dreamed only... 30 minutes! true story
You have seen Inception, haven't you? :P

That movie's basically Dreaming 101.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Rooster5man wrote:Oh, Bionicle...Good times, good times.
Indeed, although the dream me would probably tend to disagree. :lol:
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Indeed, although the dream me would probably tend to disagree.
LOL, a better question is why you had that dream in the first place. Watched too many Bionicle movies? :P

Dreams usally have a moral...so maybe it was a "Beware" dream? Did something strange happen that week?