wisdom crystal finder

Re: off topic

Post by Augustus »

Me trying to hold a dip pen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfYskqjOrLE
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Can we please please please discuss the future of forum meltdowns? Because if the forum will ever never get back up again what will we do?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Only AK can really do something about it, unfortunately. We can of course make backups, but if one day for whatever reason the forum is shut down forever we'll have to be prepared to migrate to another site.
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

There are some measures we can take. For example, we can try to establish a fallback channel of communication for when the forum is unavailable.

Also, has anyone heard from AK on the matter?
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Vortex wrote:we'll have to be prepared to migrate to another site.
What do you propose or mean by being prepared?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Ancient Crystal wrote:There are some measures we can take. For example, we can try to establish a fallback channel of communication for when the forum is unavailable.

Also, has anyone heard from AK on the matter?
I guess we can use Discord for that, I think most of the forum users are already there anyways.

I didn't contact AK because the problem solved itself, but I can send him a message if you want (he usually takes a long time to respond though).
Ko9 wrote:
Vortex wrote:we'll have to be prepared to migrate to another site.
What do you propose or mean by being prepared?
Just... mentally prepared XD I didn't have anything more specific in mind. There might be some auxiliary/backup hosting solution for cases like this out there in the Internet, but I haven't checked.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

https://discord.gg/HnqnW6d is the old community project brainstorm discord so better use that otherwise we'll have 4... I could re-brand it if peeps are okay with it but if it becomes semi official I need someone else to be admin as well.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

It would be better if AK makes forum data backup, since I believe it was long ago when it was made last time.

Well, Discord became actual active forum now as I see, so there won't be problem with communication.

If this forum dies someday, I would like to see it is transfered to the same platform.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

hmm....

my detective skills tell me that the reason why I am only in office building (not counting guard) is because today is celebration-weekend day...

well, it doesn't matter. I have to work anyway because I delay the schedule.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

love white nights... and clear skies.