Woopdedoo

You might want to move that to the "Rihanna Theories and Suggestions thread"

sass levels 100%

:D :D
sunshine philosophy
lost in subnet

Re: Submachine 10 Theories and Suggestions

Post by sunshine philosophy »

After the second enlightenment Murtaugh dedicated his life to restoring the chaos. While the main layers flourished under his word, the third dimension remained broken.

Murtaugh was originally from the third layer, therefore there was nothing he could do to bring it back to the unbroken state. He often spoke about it as being a thorn in his heart. This was consuming him until the day Shiva gave him comfort of knowledge of the future.

Murtaugh was already dying, and just before he drew his last breath - the light came to him and showed him what was to come. We believe he stayed in that moment forever.
This note suggests that layer 3 would be fixed, and that Shiva knew it would be fixed. Also, I think it's possible that the player is the one to fix it.

I'm probably completely wrong about this, but I was thinking that maybe Shiva set up some of the puzzles for the player. I mean, why was the item you needed always there when you needed it? Why were there no dead ends? Maybe Shiva set it up to lead you in a certain direction so you could get to a position where you could fix the third layer.

(But then, why isn't Shiva able to fix the third layer himself?)
Someone has probably thought of this already, but I think it's possible that the player has powers similar to those of Murtaugh, and that's why the player hasn't seen any people. If you remember, I posted earlier that Shiva put the puzzles in place for the player with the end goal of fixing layer 3. Notice that many of the notes explain the consequences of Murtaugh's actions. I'm guessing that the goal of the puzzles was to lead the player to areas that contain the notes. This way, the player would be able to learn from Murtaugh's mistakes. Also, the player may not be fully aware of the extent of their powers, and the notes in Sub10 may explain to the player what they are capable of.
I have an idea that might be worth discussing, although again, I'm not sure whether anyone has thought of this or already disproved it. That's the problem with not having been here for very long- I don't know what you've discussed and what you haven't.

I'm guessing the green karma portal in Sub7 took you into 742 years into the future, and that's how we were able to have conversations with Murtaugh in the earlier games and later find out that he had been dead for a long time. Also, if I understand correctly, green portals are believed to exist in multiple layers. Is it possible that the green portal in Sub7 passed through layer 8 as well as the 7 main layers? If time is frozen in layer 8 as evidenced by the note in Sub9, would it be possible to use layer 8 as a means of time travel? Also, if that's true, and my idea about the player having powers like Murtaugh's is also correct,does that then mean the player could create portals that pass through layer 8 and access any point in time?
I also think I mentioned at one point that Shiva might have had powers like Murtaugh's, but he had been able to learn more about them and was therefore more powerful. If not, I'm mentioning it now.

If all of my ideas are correct, or even if only most of them are, I think we can go somewhere very interesting with this.

What if in the future, the player eventually becomes Shiva and uses the time travel I discussed earlier to go back and set up the puzzles? If Shiva is a human and not a god, then it would make a lot of sense for time travel to be involved, because Shiva was able to give him knowledge of the future. Also, the note says that "the light came to him," which means that Layer 8 is involved in some way, which again fits with my idea of time travel through Layer 8.

This also answers a question that doesn't seem to have been resolved: If Murtaugh caused so much destruction, then why would Shiva grant him his powers in the first place? My guess is that the player is supposed to learn from Murtaugh's example and develop his powers enough to become Shiva in the future. If the player did not have an example to learn from, they would probably misuse their powers the same way that Murtaugh did, potentially causing even worse damage.

Also, if Shiva is someone else, there's a hole in my theory that I specifically pointed out earlier: If Shiva wants layer 3 to be fixed, why isn't he able to fix it himself?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Maybe Shiva doesn't have a human mind needed to fix it. Mur was a human who damaged the third layer, maybe the key to fixing it is instilled in a human mind as well.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

What if Shiva is the man who knew what was happening but left?

Let's say Shiva is no god, just a man who happened to obtain karma power, much like Murtaugh did, and left the subnet. I'd also wager that nobody at that particular time could have dreamed to leave the subnet, and him leaving, he became a legend, god of sorts. Murtaugh gets karma power, and since those who knew of Shiva and him leaving and his power, assume that Shiva gave Murtaugh the power.

Lets go back to Sub8 where we find that note
A woman came to our village. No one knows exactly how she entered, since the gate was closed at the time. She went straight to the [term not translational], and one minute later a beam of bright light shot from it straight up to the sky. When she disappeared we knew we were blessed with the presence of the goddess. That was 742 years ago, and we worship her to this day.
What if the woman is the man, and that is Shiva. The one who knew what was happening but had left. Perhaps during the time Shiva had karma power, they kept notes about the karma power, detailed what happens when a portal is made, etc. And then they left, others came along and found the notes and once Murtaugh gained karma power, that is where the doctrine started.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

that woman was Liz.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

:O

*new SubWiki forum post is born*
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Just added it to the page :D
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:that woman was Liz.
oh

Edit: 94% and the game progress will rise 1% every day until the 21st. :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

You beat me to it :D

Tomorrow is arguably the most important day. Mateusz is creating not just the ending of Sub10, but of the entire series.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Vortex wrote:not just the ending of Sub10, but of the entire series.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have waited for this ending for 8 years
and now...