Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Sublevel 105 wrote:nobody thinks anything, I guess. :(
I didn't understand. Is Retina Cinema something related to Submachine? I don't remember.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

it's from Sub10 note, about Lumier brothers
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Retina display is a real world thing, this wikipedia page explains what it is.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I doubt it was about this.
It's like mentioning Apple or Steam in Submachine. :roll:
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah but if it's something else then I don't get it either.
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

Hey Jatsko, thanks for your latest video (the Mystery Item)!

You state that since Karma stabilizer restores blue karma portals, it's possible that the mysterious device can create green karma portals. I like this thought, it would be very nice and neat if it were true. There might be, however, a couple of problems.
First, your reasoning is based on the fact that Karma stabilizer is the only item that is used for transportation. From this fact a conclusion is drawn that there has to be an analogy between Karma stabilizer and the Mystery device. This is not strictly logical.
Second, I always had an impression that karma stabilizer does not deal with a karma portal itself. Portals stay where they are, represented as blue dots, we just have no means of interacting with them. Karma stabilizer restores matter and matter only, permitting us to access a portal. Also, creating a portal and restoring the matter around it are opposite processes.
Thoughts anyone?
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

As much as I like the idea, I agree with you. Also I can't immediately see how the karma portal drawing mechanism would be implemented in actual gameplay.

Another idea is that the two balls at the end of the device can be joined with single balls placed at specific locations in the subnet, and when the user points the device at this third ball it functions like a usual three-ball lab portal.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I'll respond :D
reed wrote:First, your reasoning is based on the fact that Karma stabilizer is the only item that is used for transportation. From this fact a conclusion is drawn that there has to be an analogy between Karma stabilizer and the Mystery device. This is not strictly logical.
True. The only reason I floated that idea is based off of my strategy of "go with what we know", and we know that the karma stabilizer is the only item that is used for transportation.
reed wrote: Second, I always had an impression that karma stabilizer does not deal with a karma portal itself. Portals stay where they are, represented as blue dots, we just have no means of interacting with them. Karma stabilizer restores matter and matter only,
Interesting. I wasn't know that.
reed wrote:Also, creating a portal and restoring the matter around it are opposite processes.
Does it count as an opposite process if the matter around it isn't destroyed?

This definitely garners further discussion; hopefully more people will show up!
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Vortex wrote:Another idea is that the two balls at the end of the device can be joined with single balls placed at specific locations in the subnet, and when the user points the device at this third ball it functions like a usual three-ball lab portal.
Personally, I like more this idea.

Nice video Jatsko BTW! :P
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

Jatsko wrote: Does it count as an opposite process if the matter around it isn't destroyed?
Sorry for the delay, I haven't had much time to continue this conversation. :( As for the question -- well, I think so, although we don't really know.

Someone on YouTube said this device might be used for interaction with things in some other layer without physically being in this layer. Something like that was on my mind, too. I had an idea that the device is some kind of a karma chainsaw, :D allowing the player to cut space and create windows to other layers. Or maybe just destroy whatever they want. Absolutely non-Submachine-ish and based completely on the looks of the item.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com