Thegeniusyosh's Theories

Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Thegeniusyosh's Theories

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

We are in layer 3 in Subs 6, 5, and possibly 4 and 7

It has recently been stated that the Mover in Sub 9 is the same one as the one in Subs 5 and 6. The Mover in Sub 9 is only in layer 3, however. So if that's true, then we are in layer 3 while in the mover during Subs 5 and 6. Since we don't teleport at all in Sub 6 until the end, it is safe to assume that we don't change layers at all in Sub 6, and therefore are in layer 3 during all of Sub 6. Also, unless if the Lab and Root teleporters can also change layers, then we stay in layer 3 for Sub 5. Assuming that we don't change layers when using the Sub 6 teleporter or the Sub 4 statue, we are also in layer 3 during Subs 4 and 7 also.

The Edge is only in layer 3

The mover in Subs 5, 6, and 9 only exists in layer 3. The mover is classified as a "maintenance cart" by the Submachine. Now, why would a part of the edge not be infused with karmic water? The only logical conclusion I could find was that the Edge only exists in layer 3.
Submachine Achievements:
Pastel Land Achievements 1: 71 achievements, 1,052,095 points
Pastel Land Achievements 2:
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Thegeniusyosh's Theories

Post by Augustus »

I think only the portal to the mover is in that layer.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

No, the mover disappears when not in that layer.
Submachine Achievements:
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

If you change layers in the mover? I never did that so I do not know.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

I've done it. I've been in the mover in every main layer, including layer 8. I haven't been in it in every sub-layer, though.
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Well of course, how is one supposed to explore every sublayer ;D

Ok, you wanted me to analyze your theory, and here's what I came up with. You seem to make a couple different conclusions:
Thegeniusyosh wrote: It has recently been stated that the Mover in Sub 9 is the same one as the one in Subs 5 and 6. The Mover in Sub 9 is only in layer 3, however. So if that's true, then we are in layer 3 while in the mover during Subs 5 and 6. Since we don't teleport at all in Sub 6 until the end, it is safe to assume that we don't change layers at all in Sub 6, and therefore are in layer 3 during all of Sub 6.

Assuming nothing changed about the mover's representation while we were exploring Subs 7 through most of 9, then I fully agree with this. I'm not sure there's anything to directly contradict this.
Thegeniusyosh wrote:Also, unless if the Lab and Root teleporters can also change layers, then we stay in layer 3 for Sub 5.

I'm actually partial to the idea that Root transporters don't change layer, but I don't think I can say the same for Lab portals. Considering we use a lab portal to get to 747 where the mover corridor is, I'm going to remain skeptic about us being in L3 in Sub5.
Thegeniusyosh wrote:Assuming that we don't change layers when using the Sub 6 teleporter or the Sub 4 statue, we are also in layer 3 during Subs 4 and 7 also.

And for the exact same reasoning as just above I won't agree with this right now. You would have to prove that lab portals can't change layer, which is a position I actually defended for quite a long time before I was dissuaded otherwise. Ask any of the older forum members and they'll confirm this about me ;D

Thegeniusyosh wrote: The mover in Subs 5, 6, and 9 only exists in layer 3. The mover is classified as a "maintenance cart" by the Submachine. Now, why would a part of the edge not be infused with karmic water? The only logical conclusion I could find was that the Edge only exists in layer 3.
I would be careful here. Even with the entire Edge being made of karmic water materials, it's still very difficult to prove that the entire Edge only exists in L3. Just because you can't see anything in any of the other layers in the Edge room in Sub9 doesn't mean the entire Edge is gone. From that one room we have a very narrow perspective on the space around us. And we also can't really pinpoint where the mover is, aside from tracing it's assumed path back to the corridor. So I can't agree with this without further proof.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

I disagree with the last part of your post. Think about it. Why wasn't the Mover multilayer?
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Well just because the mover only exists in L3 doesn't automatically mean the rest of the edge only exists in L3. I see why you think that's plausible, and I also think it is, but unfortunately there's no hard proof. We would have to see other parts of the Edge (cliffs, tunnels, DS, etc.) physically disappear in L3 for that to be true. So no, I don't think it's wise at all to draw the conclusion that the Edge only exists in L3 until further evidence is provided.
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Given that the mover... uh, well, moves, and that we activated it on the third Layer (and Subgod knows where specifically it went after the Defense System intercepted it), it would not be unreasonable to imagine that other Movers might have been intercepted and taken to different points of the Edge, or moved in after the System was down for whatever reason, or perhaps never even activated at all.

In fact, it would be quite weird for all Movers across all Layers to conveniently be sitting in the exact same cross-layer spot. Assuming that the Defense System simply takes the Mover elsewhere (I'd be hard pressed to believe that those interception-block-thingies would just be left sitting there for eternity - and we don't see them outside the Mover during Sub9 either), it's only logical that each Mover has gone through different circumstances, intercepted and dropped off at completely different places of the void.

There's not enough proof to say that the Edge only exists in Layer 3. Even if the Mover is unique among all Layers, it literally has nothing to do with the construction of the Edge as a whole (it goes into it, but if it were to disappear, it wouldn't really affect the Edge); furthermore, there are many other logical explanations as to why the Mover only presents itself in Layer 3 in that specific area, as I explained above.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/