VOIDSCAN

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: VOIDSCAN

Post by Jatsko »

A few images I've found and collected in my fruitless(?) search for the Sign of Submachine. Figured I would post them here to (1) follow VOIDSCAN protocol so Mateusz has ideas for future use and (2) see if this knocks loose any ideas in anyone's heads.

All these images were found in the category of either "mason's marks" or "pottery and porcelain marks". Unfortunately they're not the best related searches and I couldn't find anything more close to these with searches like "19th century architecture marks" or whatever, but here they are anyway.

(third image I kept because I saw a lot of repetition of "A" and "P")
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

They are cool.
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

I went to a museum the other day and they had art by Polish born artist Theodore Roszak that reminded me A LOT of Submachine....sadly I couldn't take any pictures and the ones I have in mind I couldn't find online yet...but here's a sculpture that reminds me of the weird mechanical contraption from the lighthouse:

ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

There's a tourist spot in my city that reminds me a damn lot of early Submachine interiors. The whole thing might as well have been pulled straight out of The Root, or aught similar. It's been over a year since last time I've been there, though... it's a sort of old, huge engine facility that has been serving as a museum of sorts for years.

The place itself is situated right next to a river (there's a small dock where you can actually take a ferry that takes a stroll up and down said river during daylight hours), and there's a road of sorts that stretches for about 1km or so that is perfect for walking, jogging, riding a bike, or just going closer to the water and sitting down to admire the sunset. And littered with food stands and people selling random stuff through the entire thing... :P

Well, it WOULD have been the case, but there's been a real pesky storm that ravaged the city during the night (I swear by the subgods above: it's reported that there was a miniature tornado forming on the river during that storm), and sort of obliterated that stretch of road and "sit-by-the-water-and-do-whatever" grass. Thankfully, the building itself is fine.

Sadly, that road-thingy-majick has yet to be fully repaired and operational. Construction folks are probably about 40% done with it, from what I can tell. The catch? Said storm that caused all that was in January 2015. Yup, two whole years and what was one of the most popular spots of the entire city at any time of the day is STILL not back in full swing.

Welcome to Brazil, everyone...

BS aside, I regret not having my phone with me last time I visited the building, because I realized that some spots were SO Submachine-like that it wasn't even funny. Next time I go there, I'll get some pictures and upload them.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ThunderDasher wrote: Next time I go there, I'll get some pictures and upload them.
da yes
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

writing here so I'll get updates when someone posts pictures :mrgreen:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Not sure if I've brought this up already or not, but the Blade Runner 2049 teaser trailer is literally setting off ALL of the Submachine bells in my head. Watch it, all of you, if you haven't already.

(Thought it relevant to post here so Mat could draw further inspiration from the trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k
Last edited by Jatsko on 31 Mar 2017 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I think you posted the wrong link :P
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So I did. Ctrl + C betrayed me yet again :/ now fixed
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

interesting. I had one DMT bell and no submachine bells whatsoever.
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com