subnet technician

Re: VOIDSCAN

Post by Prupp »

in all seriousness though, I really hope this movie is good
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So recently I've transferred a bunch of photos that I've had on my phone for years, to get them off to free up space. Here are the ones that I think fit this thread :D

First, a few photos from a Polaroid project that was on display in my home church:
IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG (678.64 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG (965.89 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
Ruins of Han, by te hu (building/structure ref):

Emporess, by Aaron Griffin (alt.desert/temple clothing?):

[no source] (karma portal geometry?):

[no source] (hallways/building levels):
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0523.JPG (66.71 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
Arch City, by Emmanuel Shiu (LITERAL GIANT ASS KP STAND):
(I also really like the touch of chromatic aberration in this one, gives the whole environment a sense of energy flowing throughuot)

[no source, best guess hijab fashion style] (alt. desert clothing/designs?):

Wall texture

Industrial elements

Leather drop handbag (for storing wisdom gems :D):
Last edited by Jatsko on 09 Jan 2019 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

LOL last one
XD
Clbsfn
lost in subnet

Post by Clbsfn »

As Murtaugh held his torch aloft, he thought about the portal he developed that enabled him to travel to this place, and to bring others with him.

Murtaugh and three members of his crew had traveled a great distance to find this monument, whose location they had solved using clues left across the far reaches of the subnet. As the linguist who accompanied them attempted to decipher the enscriptions at the bottom of the carving, Murtaugh noticed something about the collosal figure.

Both of its hands were portrayed with lines of karmic energy emanating from them, in a manner very similar to what he himself experienced from his own third arm whenever he created a karma portal. Murtaugh, at this point, had only revealed his karmic powers to a very small number of people, none of whom had joined him on this excursion into the subnet. Murtaugh remained silent, and instead commented on the reflective nature of the figure's enormous helmet.

Behind the four explorers, dozens of strange, green, mineral-like organisms crawled out of the water. The creatures stealthily began to gather around the four humans.
signature

Tumblr

SoundCloud
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

n o i c e
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

FYI for those of you on tumblr

I'm working on creating a new Void Scan tumblr since the old one was accidentally deleted a few months back. Basically a collection of images that are reminiscent of Submachine aesthetically.

https://void-scan.tumblr.com/

There is nothing on there yet and might not be for a while, but just a heads up that it's a project available to you guys soon :) I'll let you know when it's ready and active.
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Layout updated! Let me know what you think.

ALSO:
This doesn't have to be run by just me; I've added a page for submissions and if anyone wants to become a member and gain posting and/or administrative rights, let me know!

I've also found that the former Pastel Forum tumblr (previously run by Jatsko and thought to have been deleted) still exists but is inactive for obvious reasons and unlikely to be revived. I will be reblogging appropriate content from there onto the Void Scan blog, so VS will also serve as a continuation of the PF blog.

One last thing:
Maybe someone who has more followers from this community on tumblr could sort of help spread the page? That would be a great help!
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

So, first a reminder for everyone to look at the first page to see the work of Robert L Wood, who designed the karma portal stand that appears in JKO.

Next, more details on the new kps I found:

Done by Professor Juan Carlos Caballero-Perez:

"Bracelet II"
Steel, Copper, White Sapphires

It's a freestanding floor sculpture that's probably just over 6 feet tall. Here's more of his work:
https://cias.rit.edu/faculty-staff/108

So we have one karma portal stand from real life, and Mat has made a point to introduce new lore with the evolution of KPSs:
Mat, Feb 11, 2017 12:42 am wrote:In s10 we see clearly first-ge stabilisers, with wire and parts sticking on the outside. The stabiliser created by Robert L. Wood is from second or even third generation. Slick, smooth, does the job even when weathered by time.
So I wonder if we keep collecting these, will we see these "future generations" crop up more often in the subnet...? Worth a shot.
IMG_0232.png
IMG_0232.png (726.19 KiB) Viewed 11913 times
IMG_0233.png
IMG_0233.png (626.87 KiB) Viewed 11913 times
IMG_0235.png
IMG_0235.png (700.28 KiB) Viewed 11913 times
(I'll go take a front shot of it and post it later)
Last edited by Jatsko on 30 Sep 2017 13:46, edited 2 times in total.
Prupp
subnet technician

Post by Prupp »

Is Mat making KPs of cool real life sculptures that the Submafia find? or does he find them himself, like he's always done?