Daymare Town 4 Theories and Sugestions

Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: Daymare Town 4 Theories and Sugestions

Post by Anteroinen »

Sublevel 102 wrote:First, I want to note new Submachine connection (after star symbol).

So, what purpose RESIN has? What role could it play in both game worlds?
Well, it seems to me that it clearly is a mutating agent in this realm. After all, those weird... growths... appear to be resin.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

True...it's like the four pointy arrow thing. (We need a name for that)
Hey, how many theories can be updated in wake of this game?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Well, my religious symbol theory seems to still be going strong. After all, there were no star-symbols in the hive and the fog folk appear to worship Charon instead, if they worship anyone. There weren't many of them elsewhere either though, people must be pretty Atheistic over there.
Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Boingo »

:)
Good. I always did like that theory.
Itsa been boosted!
Desmodus
lost in subnet

Post by Desmodus »

The four pointy arrow symbol to me has always been a pictograph for the idea of a "daymare." It looks like a combination of a glyph of the sun (the "day" in daymare) and a simplified compass rose representing being lost and wandering around the Daymare universe trying to find your way out.

In DMT4 it seems like an ecological disaster has befallen the current area. The deep fog trench had no fog, the sea serpent from DMT2 was dead, the fishers aren't catching anything, stones are mutating, the free flowing resin has solidified.

The crates full of people... Did they go in there willingly? Are they hibernating until the fog returns? Or are they dead from war, disease, and starvation and those are their coffins?

In DMT2 in the district that was "closed due to infection" there is a giant you give the two medallions to in order to get an egg. Was that a Sand Giant? (There was sand everywhere and a Sand Witch.) Maybe that infection, whatever it was, spread to DMT4.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Desmodus wrote:The four pointy arrow symbol to me has always been a pictograph for the idea of a "daymare." It looks like a combination of a glyph of the sun (the "day" in daymare) and a simplified compass rose representing being lost and wandering around the Daymare universe trying to find your way out.
I like this idea as well. Might be how Mateusz came up with the symbol at the very least.
Desmodus wrote:In DMT4 it seems like an ecological disaster has befallen the current area. The deep fog trench had no fog, the sea serpent from DMT2 was dead, the fishers aren't catching anything, stones are mutating, the free flowing resin has solidified.

The crates full of people... Did they go in there willingly? Are they hibernating until the fog returns? Or are they dead from war, disease, and starvation and those are their coffins?
As I see it the answer is no. They didn't go there because they wanted to. The signs are clear. Pools of blood in boarded up houses, barricaded doors, bones at the entrance to the upper city... it is terribly eerie. I'm not sure if a description of what happened is something I'd like or something I dread to hear.

One interesting side to things is what the giants have to do with it. It seems clear fog folk are scared of them. There is of course what one of them says, but there are also subtler things. Broken vinyls in the well? The broken horn and radio?