JTS: the location connected to the Jatsko cluster
LAV: the purple location
SPN: the small semicircular location
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Suggestion:
Can we call 513 the "All Hallows Eve" Room?
Halloween is too common now. But in the past Halloween use to be called All Hallows Eve when celebrated by the aristocrats and people.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

It's not a bad idea, I like how it sounds :) The only thing is that it's a little long for a location's name (as in many words). But let's wait for more opinions anyways.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

I like it, but it is kind of cumbersome to have a four word title for a room, considering the word for Halloween is exceedingly more common anyway.
Last edited by Anteroinen on 06 Nov 2017 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Bringing up naming already?

[ that's what I like to hear ]
[ going to Wiki ]
[ wait the page isn't there yet nvm lol ]
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

At least Lavender room is a given, not?
I mean, the room coordinates are LAV and the file name contains "ender".
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

Samhain room //shuts up
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

For what it's worth until I decide to get the pages up (unless someone wants to put the skeletons down for them), here are my naming suggestions:

513 (the Halloween location) - "Medieval dungeon" or something with "dungeon" in the title. I'm not sure how I feel about either "Halloween" or "All Hallows Eve" in the title, as they're not really physically descriptive of the room itself. Though I guess with that logic the Escape from Jay Is Games room should also be reconsidered, which actually I would be happy to shorten that one anyway.

AQA (the Aqua location) - I think Aquaerellum should get first dibs on AQA, and Samrux should get second dibs. Or possibly Samrux gets first dibs on naming another location of their choice? I don't know the correct way to go about that. But until that gets decided, I think this can clearly be classified as part of the basement, so something with that in the title might be nice.

JTS (the location connected to the Jatsko cluster) - Since this is clearly part of "fragment field" I'm thinking of ways to rename both of these.

LAV (the purple location) - again, not many concrete names coming to mind, but I think the active words here are "resin", "coils", "wires", etc. For some reason when I got the tile, that circular room triggered the word "incubation". Waiting for more thoughts.

SPN (the small semicircular location) - Even more similarities to Daymare Town here. And wasn't there a puzzle in the first episode that had a similar right/left dichotomy? I realize more that I'm not really able to think of names right now and more just thinking about the locations out loud. When the location pages are made I'll have more to add.

But finally, I do have one thought I'm sure of. I think with this update it's time to change the name of 523 and SZA. Especially with 523; it's free of and has grown beyond its original state and meaning. I'm excited to see this develop into a possible karma portal hub in the future. I'll suggest the name "Ionic Concourse" or "Ionic Hall" to get things started. Because the columns are badass imo.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Apocrypha wrote:For what it's worth until I decide to get the pages up (unless someone wants to put the skeletons down for them), here are my naming suggestions:

JTS (the location connected to the Jatsko cluster) - Since this is clearly part of "fragment field" I'm thinking of ways to rename both of these.
Edit: Per Jatsko comment.

I'm pretty sure that new location is going to connect to some other location and then to JSK. Were going to do that by finding a Light Spear and placing it into the indentation in the column spud.
Cause I find it interesting the Spud in JSK is facing to the left while the one in JTS is facing to the right.

https://i.imgur.com/pww7MDA.png

https://i.imgur.com/yt84F5t.png

I think were are going to put the light spear in the right-facing indentation. Some item in the round indention, which when you send the light spear with the item into to the left facing indentation. The item will change into something else and appear on the top of the pedestal with the arrow pointing up.
Last edited by WorldisQuiet5256 on 08 Nov 2017 17:31, edited 3 times in total.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Ok first of all, there's more to the update that you haven't seen yet, and second of all both WIQ and Ko9 need to learn how to use spoiler tags.