Submachine Wiki

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine Wiki

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Since we have no idea what kind of phenomenon happens in JUL and 104, I can assume what these are supposed to be, but since they mostly sure involve the Karma Portal, I'm assuming they are.

You're not going to say me that the debris in 614 is not caused by the Karma Portal, just because they are in another screen.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Sublevel 105 wrote:Well, I "hacked" the whole system now in 45 seconds.
decompiling swf files is not "hacking".
And it's completely irrelevant since 99% of people who will buy Submachine Universe will not to that.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

that's why I put that word in quotes. :)

don't worry, I don't extract your games for making something bad.
I search for hidden information and new details about submachine that are hidden in lines of source code. ;)

Also, since locations are encrypted, how we will find out their true names? There's only way... Another way is you tell us real names of new locations. :D
after buying and completing SU HD, there will be small privacy research.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

One time a few years ago, it was after Submachine 6's release, I uploaded the file into a flash game editor thingy and I saw the game in its very... interesting form. I don't recall what I was attempting to do, or even if I was doing anything at all, I think I was curious about the game layout, but I remember that...

But I imagine when a person rips off a game, they use the same editor, or something similar. I could have very well edited the game and published it as something different, but I didn't. I've been a disrespectful little shit to Mateusz in the past, but if there is one thing I will never do and that is rip off a game of his and publish it as my own. That's just... unforgivable.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

that's what I mean
That's what won't happen from my side.
no EscapeDaSublevelHouse.

game files of subgames are veeery interesting stuff.
It contains names for some items and locations (Sub10, for example). It contains even more intersting stuff than that.
As the most addicted submachine fan, I couldn't pass through it.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:You're not going to say me that the debris in 614 is not caused by the Karma Portal, just because they are in another screen.
Maybe its caused by another portal? He just hasn't implemented it yet. Makes sense considering the wire is cut.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Vortex wrote:We can still find them, the encryption is not that hard to figure out. As much as Mateusz doesn't like them, they are of historical relevance and they are a convenient abbreviation for their locations. And they are also helpful for organization.
I definitely agree with this (not that a lurker's opinion is worth that much, but still). Just because Mateusz doesn't like it, doesn't make them irrelevant, especially since they are closest to what we have to "official names". It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

Drop zones and REV sizes, though, are a bit peculiar. Drop zones themselves probably would be okay, but REV sizes were NEVER kept up to date (because it was really difficult and time consuming, especially without the warp loader, but even with it it was annoying). So they should probably be de-emphasized a bit, since they are pretty much retconned out of the game. Plus, the REV sizes have probably kept changing. It is historical data though.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I agree about drop zones and REV sizes. They are historically relevant but they're purely technical out-of-game information, I can't really think of any use for them.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

hmm
I will tell you if drop zones are fully technical out-of-game, or have any in-game meaning.

I don't think Mateusz left such strange numbers for technical stuff.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

But they are, he basically explained what they are:
[...] drop zone is the area of landing inside a given location. most of them are in point 1, meaning room 1, but there are few locations that have different room numbers, hence the change in drop zone.
Essentially, reading between the lines, they tell us which is the number of the portal room in order of creation. As in, which he drew or added to the game when making it. I mean, most rooms with a non-zero drop zone are old locations with a portal added for SNEE-purposes, which certainly supports this idea.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."