QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADRESSED IN SUBMACHINE 10.

MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Re: QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ADRESSED IN SUBMACHINE 10.

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

jesus....
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:jesus....
*In Announcer Voice*
Later, with more questions that Answers.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Ooh, what is this that my eyes spy~? I don't want to give you some huge list so I will narrow it down to three story related questions that I imagine could be answered.

1) Way in the past you talked about the creator of the first Submachine, and how his creation went haywire. I would very much like to get to know how he reacted to it and felt about it all. He seems like such an important, yet underrepresented character.

2) What happened to Henry O'Toole when "Murtaugh's" religion began gaining traction. Was he forgotten or did his works become widely acknowledged.

3) How do the people of the Subnet see their history, which eras do they revere and which do they condemn. Related to this, maybe we could finally get the sub-eras if not explained, at least listed.

Okay, I will have to add one more silly one, since I can't help myself:

4) Murtaugh is a surname, you've admitted as much. What was Murtaugh's first name?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

I guess this thread is finished already xD
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Last Question, Then I'm Done.

Are you happy with the progress you made so far Mateusz?
Forget the Submachine 10 details; are you happy with the progress you made up to now?
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

Honestly I would like to see you address sub-bots. You mentioned them during Sub6 development and we have yet to see anything, other than two notes in Submachine Universe. It would be interesting if we were to stumble into an area with machinery, and a shadow near a doorway resembling a sub-bot moves as we hover the mouse over it. Like the little shadow guy in Daymare Town.

We have yet to come across something else, other than notes, and two mummified remains. For once in the series, I would like to see something moving, something sentient, something alive. Because throughout this entire series, we have never come across something like that, we always have that feeling there is something watching us. Well with what I just said, there is indeed something watching us... :P

So that would be my question to be addressed: Are we alone in Submachine? Is there something there, lurking in the shadows, or are we just the only explorer traversing the subnet?
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote: Are you happy with the progress you made so far Mateusz?
Forget the Submachine 10 details; are you happy with the progress you made up to now?
Yes, I am. And don't worry, I'm not overwhelmed with the amount of questions.

I learned how to deal with that long time ago, probably after sub4.

I have the whole game structured in my head and it's looking very good to me. I'm on the right tracks, just wanted to check with you guys if there's anything that I'm missing.
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

Now all we need is a mind uploading device, and some sedatives...
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:
WorldisQuiet5256 wrote: Are you happy with the progress you made so far Mateusz?
Yes, I am. And don't worry, I'm not overwhelmed with the amount of questions.

I learned how to deal with that long time ago, probably after sub4.
And it certainly showed during Sub_7 with the epic story that had us going "How the heck did he do that?!" Weaving all of those plot points together in Sub_7, 8, and 9 are nothing short of masterful.

Here's another question that I think might be my last:

Will the Third Layer ever be repaired and brought whole again?

In Sub_9's super secret bonus area, it was mentioned that Murtaugh was shown the future by Shiva that left him quite happy before he died. Perhaps this is what he saw? Perhaps we, the Players, will have our hands / cursors on this kind of conclusion?
Paranormal
subnet technician

Post by Paranormal »

1. Who happened to commission the Submachine network (if it can be called that)?

2. Why is there no life, inside the Submachine?

3. What was the need for the limited appearance of firearms in Submachine? (Think I remember seeing something akin to a machine gun, in one of the games? Not sure.)

4. Also, is there anyone you'd like to thank in making this possible? (really not a question, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to state this. Been one hell of a series to work on and be committed to! Kudos, Mat! ;) )
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." ~ Charles Spurgeon
Want to add me on Discord? Send me a PM!