Research Team

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Research Team 28X2005

Post by Jatsko »

Also keep in mind that at this point we don't know about Submachine 2, so we think that everything is done at the end of the game.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

just another shitty short game, thenjust kiddingXD
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

Well, when you play Sub_1 for the first time, especially the original one, it indeed looks like standard, crappy, short, plot less, little, amateur game, with boring art stile. Of course Internet in 2005 was different and most flash games were much, much worse.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

First time I player Submachine was when Sub5 was released, so I didn't get that feeling.
I remember that the page where I first played it typoed "Submachine" with "Submarine". I remember that I thought "Whats up, that pnc about a submarine got a 5th game", so I decided to finally look whats up with that. First thing I noticed was that it name was actualy "Submachine", that got my interest because I noticed that it was actualy about a "submerged machine" (No, I didn't related it to the guns because back then I used to believe that "SMG" standed for "Small Machine Gun" or "Semi-Machine Gun". :mrgreen: ).

Back then I was not that good at english, so I got a weird interpretations of the game: That Albert Einstein helped Mur to build the lighthouse portal, that Submachine was a flawed amusement park, that Liz was pregnant, etc. But the most weird of all was that I thought that looking to the black cat's eyes causes instant death, I also thougth that in Sub2, staying in a screen for to much causes the cat to appear of a sudden like a screamer and you lose the game, so these first times playing Sub2 were like horror experiences

Things became more weird as I continued playing more MS and Pastel Games, becuase after that, I used to believe that all the Universe were all conected, having weird expectations that Karl Von Toten created the Submachine and that Manfred was Mur. Also Thought that the Submachine was the ultimate safe haven after the events of Fog Fall, that player derivated his/her skills after escaping the Great House, etc.

I then abandoned submachine, until I noticed that Sub32 was released, then I also found out about Sub6 and SNEE. Then I had enough knowledge of English to get whats really the plot of the game (With the info that was given during these times).
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

I saw Great Pixar Theory and I wondered if it's possible to link all the pastel games like that. Turns out it isn't. But nevermind, it's getting offtop.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

let's keep on topic.

we should start compiling the questions and trying to search for answers. those that remain unanswered could go on the Final Masterlist of questions for Mateusz.
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

Maybe it's not a question, that people ask during first play through of Sub_1, but sooner or later they do and there is no definite point, so I might as well put it on the beginning.
How much prior knowledge on their situation and universe functioning does the Protagonist actually have?
Are they typically for escape games suffering from amnesia?
Are they transported from normal world?
Are they Subnet inhabitant, that learns about history of Mur during the game, or rather has extensive prior knowledge on this topic?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Submachine was a flawed amusement park, that Liz was pregnant, etc. But the most weird of all was that I thought that looking to the black cat's eyes causes instant death, I also thougth that in Sub2, staying in a screen for to much causes the cat to appear of a sudden like a screamer and you lose the game, so these first times playing Sub2 were like horror experiences
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I cried...
How much prior knowledge on their situation and universe functioning does the Protagonist actually have?
Are they typically for escape games suffering from amnesia?
Are they transported from normal world?
Are they Subnet inhabitant, that learns about history of Mur during the game, or rather has extensive prior knowledge on this topic?
oh...
That's what I have asked all these years...

--------------------------------------------------
Ok guys.
I played the game, I used Eric's scanner to detect elements, and now I post what I planned.

Facts and things about original Submachine game:
----------------------------------------------------

1) We don't know who we are (Player). Nothing about us. No our identity, no our story.
We just need to "get out". as was said in Help

2) Rooms have similar size. Similar design. Made with wooden planks?
Only difference is color. Different colors of light sources?
And light sources... We don't see them. But rooms are illuminated well.

3) Many puzzles are like from "present normal world". But... some of them is/are not. Like these bells and cubes. They float after sound has emitted. And at the end, square window appears in pedestal.

4) We found Euro coin. Euro coin...

5) These rooms. These items. Tile inside the electric box, tile inside the "clock", and... Everything looks like one big puzzle

6) But strangest thing is single note. Diary.
Who did leave it there?
And what do we know after reading it?:

- Possibly, it is written by human.

- real life location: Kent.
where event happened with author of the diary.

- In summer of unknown year, something happened near waterfall in Kent during author's travel there. And author lost his hand.
Then he found he has something like "third, invisible arm".

- Author started to learn how to use this "third arm", called as Karma arm.

- Other people turned from author, considering him as mentally ill. Why? Because they didn't believe in his story?
He can't tell them the truth, because... he thinks they're just too "goofy" to understand?

- It seems like diary page isn't full.
"I'm just trying to..." what?

--------------
please, add more facts (about ending sequence, for example), and of course, fix my mistakes if you notice them.
:D
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 17 May 2015 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
gil2455526
subnet notes finder

Post by gil2455526 »

Sublevel 102 wrote:4) We found Euro coin. Euro coin...
Nah, forget this, it has been retconned.

But it's still based on the greek euro coin... so...
Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave...
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Mat said that the original Euro coin is not canon, it was overwritten, it means nothing.