mentalEngineer's Theories/Speculations

mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Re: mentalEngineer's Theories/Speculations

Post by mentalEngineer »

I'll Post this here to keep thing organised.

-----
Green Karma Portals
-----
A long while ago I posted the blue karma portal diagram, but for some unknown reason I made another alongside it but did not post it.
This orange diagram is how I think Green Karma Portals would work. From the inside I believe it would look like the blue ones but with every layer (ring) connected like this.
The way it would change your current active layer with the use of Blue Karma Portals would work a little like this.
Just a couple of thoughts on how the portals work.
Through every problem, raw persistence will prevail.
mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

Maybe?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

maybe
:D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

O_O
mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

Portal Postulations (Part 1)

The term "Portals" is used as an abbreviation of "Teleportation Devices"

There are four types of Indeterminate Portal Devices (Portals that do not have a single fixed destination) used as of this time. Those are Cipher Portals (eg. Root), Coordinate Portals (eg. Lab), Subbot Portals (eg. Edge) and Binary Portals (eg. Angel Ruins). These, aside from the Cipher Portal, all follow a common structure among their variations, the three spheres atop a body that is used as an area to place selections for the intended destination. The three spheres it seems are necessary for the user to be teleported, but why?

I propose these spheres are used as a frame to create a mock light crown.

An unknown energy is emitted from the body of the device, into the central sphere and up into the center, the light would keep going if not for the two spheres trapping it. So the light is forced into the center point between these spheres, creating a "Light Net". While this is happening the portal of chosen destination on the other end also preforms this procedure. The outgoing portal then increases its energy output to form a temporary light sphere. This light sphere then travels towards the receiving Light Net, taking the user with it mimicking the movement shown with the light crowns at the Northern Garden Docks.

It is a rather simple design (with some more complicated underlying sub-physics), which could be why the research teams could have reverse engineered it so easily.

-----
Hopefully I haven't repeated a theory.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I feel like I've heard someone say something like this before, but I can't recall who or where.

You definitely have a strong connection here between lab portals and light spheres. Me likey.

Question: Does this mean that the light spheres in Sub10 are supposed to travel instantaneously as well? Or are they slower because they don't carry as much power (smaller mechanism)?

It would be nice to have a location with a lab portal that is corroded or otherwise partially damaged on the exterior so we could get a glimpse of the inside :D
mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

The animation that plays instead of the Warp Loader could be considered the travel time, and I assume all light spheres travel at the same speed.
I think travel time is skipped with the portals normally because there would have to be all of the locations in-between the two places that would need to be made and moved through on the path to the next portal. It'd also show quite a bit too much of the Submachine for it to be a mystery.

(In reality the reason the loader was added in the first place was to give locations time to load, so this is most likely not an adequate explanation.)
mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

Maybe there are relays set up to direct traffic and because we never "land" we never see them, this may be why there is travel time at all given that 613 and 614 are next to each other.

"Light Transport"
mentalEngineer
subnet technician

Post by mentalEngineer »

The very rough, rough map.
Red: Direct Connection
Blue: Indirect Connection (Portals)
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Looks Good.
Love how simple it is.
Its way better and cleaner than the map I made in response to Crystal's post:

WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING