ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: ShadowNiL's Theories (SubVerse room or bust!)

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Subverse room or bust?..

ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Sublevel 102 wrote:Subverse room or bust?..

Hey now, I'm actually putting effort into my theories here.
You think this is a joke, Sublevel? That I'm doing this only to get a SubVerse room?

You may be right, but damnit, I'm still putting thought and logic into this! I want my theories to be at least plausible! These aren't their final drafts, just to get my ideas down on posts so I can refine them with helpful input from you guys. Denouncing my theories as vain attempts to get a Subverse room is NOT helpful, no matter how true they might be.

So tell me, what are your legitimate thoughts on the first one?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

honestly: I just react on your thread's name.
:)

And of course I hope you didn't write it for two seconds to put it there to claim your SEP room.
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 16 Sep 2014 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Sublevel 102 wrote:honestly: I just react on your thread's name.
Yes, thank you.
But the theory, though...? Tell me your thoughts on it.
And no, I didn't write it in two seconds. Not that good of a typist.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

And of course I hope you didn't write it for two seconds to put it there to claim your SEP room.
come on, at least read it before claiming that...

about the karma being connected to Layer 8's light, it completely makes sense, given Sub9's secrets notes (the light doesn't guide you, you guide the light) - and it joins perfectly the concept of karma that we know outside Submachine with the concept of karma inside the Submachine.

and about the reincarnation, it also opens some interesting possibilities (for example, that the Player could be a reincarnation of Murtaugh, after all he reached enlightenment). i like your theory :D it's difficult to make something both new and plausible at this stage of the series, but it looks clear that you made the effort.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Sublevel 102 wrote:But the theory, though...? Tell me your thoughts on it.
hmm...

well, when I read your theory, my mind catches from memory these words:

be the witness of your thoughts
honestly: I just react on your thread's name.
:P
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:

about the karma being connected to Layer 8's light, it completely makes sense, given Sub9's secrets notes (the light doesn't guide you, you guide the light) - and it joins perfectly the concept of karma that we know outside Submachine with the concept of karma inside the Submachine.

and about the reincarnation, it also opens some interesting possibilities (for example, that the Player could be a reincarnation of Murtaugh, after all he reached enlightenment). i like your theory :D it's difficult to make something both new and plausible at this stage of the series, but it looks clear that you made the effort.
Thanks man.
My 2nd theory, as you can see in the placeholder post, is titled "Fatal End Theory". I titled it that not just because it is relevant to my 2nd theory...
But it's also wicked cool! :D

How do you like the way I frame them? Using a random character in the SubNet with a plausible explanation for his existence there, and my theories as his theories? I hope it's not too "self-insert-ish", because it isn't supposed to be.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

just in case:

That doesn't mean "what the f*ck did you write, do you think at all???"

That means your theory perfectly fits with quote we all saw in Submachine 7.

When I first saw that, I thought it was something important. I didn't even know it is from Buddha, I thought it was Mateusz's original words.
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Sublevel 102 wrote:just in case:
That doesn't mean "what the f*ck did you write, do you think at all???"
That means your theory perfectly fits with quote we all saw in Submachine 7.
When I first saw that, I thought it was something important. I didn't even know it is from Buddha, I thought it was Mateusz's original words.
I figured as much. Didn't think of the Buddha quote at all until you mentioned it! I AM on a track!
If my other 2 theories are this good, I could have a higher chance of making it into SubVerse!
...Or Mateusz could just step in to this thread and say "You're not getting in." to my face, dashing all my hopes. Or hint that there is still a chance, like with RuloCore and WiQ.

(I swear if WiQ's room isn't a Karma Portal with the coords "WiQ"... -_-)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ShadowNiL wrote:Thanks man.
My 2nd theory, as you can see in the placeholder post, is titled "Fatal End Theory". I titled it that not just because it is relevant to my 2nd theory...
But it's also wicked cool! :D

How do you like the way I frame them? Using a random character in the SubNet with a plausible explanation for his existence there, and my theories as his theories? I hope it's not too "self-insert-ish", because it isn't supposed to be.
i think it's interesting, after all the notes are meant to be from explorers in the Subnet, and some theories already do that, even with known characters (sunshinebunnygirl). i don't find it intrusive, in fact i like it because it adds to the game immersion.

as for the possibility of getting your theories in Subverse, well, usually it's Mateusz who makes a call for users to post their theories, not in reverse, and I think he doesn't have a plan to add more theories until he adds a layer of puzzles to the game next year, so for the moment i don't think you have a chance yet, but eventually there is the possibility. the case of Rulo was special, because Mateusz asked us months ago to nominate whoever we think deserves a room and we chose him. As for WiQ, i don't know how he convinced Mateusz, i think he sent a PM or something.