Submachine 9 theories and suggestions

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 9 theories and suggestions

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

ThunderDasher wrote: But then again, that's how I am - if I don't have much to do, I just stick around chatting and firing not-so-funny jokes. But I know when to get serious, too. I do have some serious theories, and I'll sahre them later.
I know exactly what you mean, when you have nothing to do, and all you have is your thoughts, you think.

ThunderDasher wrote:But lack of edible things on the Sub besides the bread loaf buggers me as well
But your theory about where the food is, makes sense. Where is it?
For example, the Bamboo Village.

From this whole Mountain side, there is not one speck of plant life. So if we assume that the villagers did not have access to a Navigator, where did they get food? From Layer 3 maybe...cause whats left of it has plant life.

By the way, when you guys were talking about the red resin, I notice something in Submachine 8. The big oak tree root are getting nutrient from the red stone. Let is also be noted that the red oak tree has grown a inter-dimensional layer pole that connects to the mechanism in layer 5. I wonder if the Red Resin has something to do with that.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:
By the way, when you guys were talking about the red resin, I notice something in Submachine 8. The big oak tree root are getting nutrient from the red stone. Let is also be noted that the red oak tree has grown a inter-dimensional layer pole that connects to the mechanism in layer 5. I wonder if the Red Resin has something to do with that.
What if the "resin" ain't simply resin?

Kinda like the black ooze from Matrix, where the bots used it to feed the humans as Morpheus explained? Alright, SubResin may not be made from dead human being, but considering WE'RE the invading factor on the Sub, it's likely that the "food" on this world has never been designed for us in the first place.

And there goes a theory... Gotta elaborate on that later.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

You know if you loose something,
Theoretically, it can be anywhere in the Universe.
The only way to find what you lost is to check each location and cross them off the list.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I noticed that since Sub6 they are no longer randomized puzzles.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

WiQ wrote:From this whole Mountain side, there is not one speck of plant life. So if we assume that the villagers did not have access to a Navigator, where did they get food?
Just because there wasn't any vegetation in that small area doesn't mean there isn't any vegetation in those mountains. The area that we explored of each layer in Sub8 was tiny; it was big enough for the game, but far from large enough for someone to say what there is and what there isn't. (let's not forget that this is the submachine that we're talking about; everything's possible)
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

(in dev page)
Mateusz Skutnik wrote:Don't worry. I'm in THE ZONE. Now everything will only speed up.
OOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAH!
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

Even on a barren mountainside, you'd still expect a few patches of vegitation.

I'm not a latin popstar.
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Thinking of it, the loaf of bread (Ener having flashback in 3... 2.. 1...) was basically the only food ever seen in the whole Sub. Unless there's edible plants around and so on, that's it.

And where did the bread come from? Does the labs have some food stocks somewhere we never got to see? I mean, the food would rot if stored for so long, unless they had a freezer of sorts (Yet again, as we have never seen any food storages, that might be a possibility), or did they bring the bread from outside once already in the Sub? (Implying there is, or at least was, a stable connection to the "normal world" on the Subnet at some point) Or did they make bread from some sort of plant laying there? Or maybe the Subnet's weird behaviour also prevents human beings from getting hungry, or at least drastically reduces our need for food? (Which would make little to no sense, considering we can die from dehydration on the Loop [And if it indeed reduces the amount of stuff consumed, then we'd be stuck for several days falling on the loop before dying, which makes it even worse than it sounded])

...I do believe we're going too far on this food stuff, man. My head hurts right now.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

http://www.pastelportal.com/forum/viewt ... dge#p31769
Last Mateusz's words about lab food.

So, from where does food go?.. We still don't know. :D
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

it's like in real life.
You don't know where the food is coming from.

And if you say: "from the shop" - then you developed a tunnel vision. :D