Submachine: 32 Chambers

Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Submachine: 32 Chambers

Post by Boingo »

If we didn't, at least it was for a good cause...
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I think the 32 Chambers area could be another sector where it is possible to cross into another Layer. My reason why I think that has to do with this...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... b8map2.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... b8map3.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... b8map5.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... f3/LY7.png

Do you notice the place where the Cat Statue is? Then do you see the markings on the column that holds up the statue, it repeatedly appears in other Layers. They are also in the same location in each Layer.

Those same Markings appears on the pole where we put the Cone shape stone in the Calender Room.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ersMap.png
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Good eye, WorldisQuiet! But then, what would that mean? It possibly just means the Mayans inhabited the SubNet at one time, which explains why we were able to change the Mayan Calendar in the first place.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Remember my theory I threw down the toilet, it involved black holes. But part of it describe how a Karma Portal work, that it would penetrate to another Layer. But the other layer had no solid Structure, just the Void. It would then "sew" back into the Layer it originate from to get around an obstacle.

I thought that up on the basics of how the place we where in Sub 8, was a sector. It was one of the known 9 sectors where it could possible a place where it is possible to cross into all the layers in that section. Like that screen showed to the right of the markings in layer 2, that screen thing.

But there is more to those markings, compare the map I posted to this one...
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... b8map6.png
notice that piece of machine that could only open by switches in other Layers, that same concept work with Layer 2 open the thing in Layer 3. Same thing with the one in Layer 7 Bamboo Town, it was The final pieces that open a door in Layer 5.

These markings with what they are functioning with leaves me to believe, that they are some kind of special lock that could only be open in another Layer. Cause they are written on something that could only function with being open in another Layer. I wonder if that was to open the "security hatch" to the lock the ?Calender severed. I wonder if that means the 32 Chambers is in another Layer in relation to Earth?

I wounder, at the end of 32 Chambers was not just the Calendar doing what it did, but the location collapse into the Void. Like that note Liz wrote about the Decay in the South Garden. I wonder when the calendar serve its purpose it "self destruct" when it was no longer needed.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I wouldn't go that far because if you believe the flash of light meant collapse, then that would mean there's no Basement anymore either.

Which, I suppose, would explain the "New Basement" - The SubNet trying to rebuild the Basement we (technically) destroyed.

However, that wouldn't work for two reasons:

1) If the SubNet is repairing the Basement, why not repair The Core as well?
2) Why isn't there a "New 32 Chambers" in SNEE?
2a) If there is a "New 32 Chambers," why isn't there a note in SNEE explaining the purpose of creating the "New Basement"?

You could be right about the Security Hatch and whatnot, but another problem: If 32 Chambers relates to the collapse from Mur and involves the Layers, why is it only a sidegame and has no effect on the main plot?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

If 32 Chambers relates to the collapse from Mur and involves the Layers, why is it only a sidegame and has no effect on the main plot?
I'm sorry, you misunderstood, It didn't collapse from Mur destruction, it was built to do that when it set the date for the next layer or something like that.

The Basement doesn't seem to count considering, it was a video arcade, not a real location. Plus, it didn't have the same amount of important than the Calender did if you compare functions.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

The Basement doesn't seem to count considering, it was a video arcade, not a real location.
We don't know that.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

It real and not real at the same time.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I'm sorry, you misunderstood, It didn't collapse from Mur destruction, it was built to do that when it set the date for the next layer or something like that.
Oh, I see! I suppose that's possible. You should've just said that plain and clear - It seems like a cliche deus ex machina though...
The Basement doesn't seem to count considering, it was a video arcade, not a real location. Plus, it didn't have the same amount of important than the Calender did if you compare functions.
1) Basement (and the rest of the SubNet) is real - Don't let Mateusz hear you say that...

2) Oh, really? Then why is The Basement a main game and not a sidegame?
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I think subnet can't repair dimensional damage (i.e. Karma Portal shattering).

So only locations of the Edge, or the Basement (Where there is no clue of Karma Portals) can be repaired.

The markings appears as well in 157, 378, 442, 628, HPL. I wonder that they are made by Layer 7 tribes, and the people of the Core/Temple, the Lab, as well as the Subnet, use them in other layers to uncover the porpuse of machines and mechanisms, like the Forcefield Emitter.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐