Submachine Universe

ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Re: Submachine Universe

Post by ShadowNiL »

towerofnix wrote:Spoiler-filled way to CHEAT and find all modified locations:
Sorting the "sub_loc" folder by "date modified" will find you the most recently changed location encrypted codes; you can then insert those codes into my Subnet Browse program ("add filter" -> "Encrypted Coordinate" "is equal to" {file name, not including ".sub_loc" extension; e.g. "ba_978rk"}).
There's nl_o9087 that doesn't bring up any location in your program.
towerofnix
lost in subnet

Post by towerofnix »

ShadowNiL wrote:
Sorting the "sub_loc" folder by "date modified" will find you the most recently changed location encrypted codes; you can then insert those codes into my Subnet Browse program ("add filter" -> "Encrypted Coordinate" "is equal to" {file name, not including ".sub_loc" extension; e.g. "ba_978rk"}).
Er, that location seems.. mildly bugged..?

In the location map it's 629. When I teleport to it, it brings me to the red button in 628. But when I interact with the button, it teleports me to the portal, rather than the other button. Weird.
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

towerofnix wrote:
ShadowNiL wrote:
Er, that location seems.. mildly bugged..?

In the location map it's 629. When I teleport to it, it brings me to the red button in 628. But when I interact with the button, it teleports me to the portal, rather than the other button. Weird.
Wait what do you mean 628 got updated? All I'm seeing is that new bowl begging for Karmic Water and nothing else.
towerofnix
lost in subnet

Post by towerofnix »

Okay, so:

Clicking on the button in the "light" area, 628, warps the player to the "red" area, 629, in front of the button.
Clicking on the button in the "red" area, 629, warps the player to the "light" area, 628.

I couldn't find the code for it, but I'd have to guess that the user's position in 628 is somehow being saved, and, when the user clicks the from-629-button, their position in 628 is restored. So if the user LEFT 628 by using the portal, then enters 629 via portal, and clicks the from-629-button, their old position in 628 will be restored – that is, in front of the portal.

There's no real point to figuring that out, I guess, besides satisfying my curiosity on how it works..!

That said – I'll include it in the list since it's definitely a real coordinate, but it also looks to be kind of an unintentional location.
towerofnix
lost in subnet

Post by towerofnix »

Oops, missed your last post ShadowNIL!

That's the only thing in the 628-629 section that got updated. (Besides the music for the "red" area (really 629).)
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Also since I haven't played in months until now, remind me again.
I end with Notepad, Soap. 4 Wisdom Gems, Weight Companion Cube, and the Chalk, after doing everything possible with all the items (except puttind wisdom gems back)?

Also thanks for clarifying nix.
towerofnix
lost in subnet

Post by towerofnix »

I also got a bell cube from 404 (I believe). I'm not sure if that's new or not, or if maybe I forgot to use it somewhere (though I didn't see mention of it in the unofficial Submachine Universe walkthrough on the wiki).

Also, there's two soaps! One from 000, and one from 875.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

towerofnix wrote:I also got a bell cube from 404 (I believe). I'm not sure if that's new or not, or if maybe I forgot to use it somewhere (though I didn't see mention of it in the unofficial Submachine Universe walkthrough on the wiki).

Also, there's two soaps! One from 000, and one from 875.
I think that's from the last update, as well as the OPEN inscription in 001.

Also, the 629 thing looks like a bug, not?

EDIT: also what's with making everything blue? will SubVerse 5.0 look like this?
towerofnix
lost in subnet

Post by towerofnix »

Vortex wrote:EDIT: also what's with making everything blue? will SubVerse 5.0 look like this?
Weird! Mine looks normal (no extra blue tint).
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »