Submachine Universe

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Submachine Universe

Post by Sublevel 113 »

towerofnix wrote:I made this thing for fun! :)

MOTHER OF SUBGOD

you have a lot of free time I see
;)

*pats*
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I don't know if anyone else has ever thought of using this, but going back to 411 there's a square hole in the wall on the screen where the now-unreadable plate is. First thing I thought of when seeing that was the monolith from Sub7 and how we used the glowing box there. So maybe that's a place to insert something in the future?
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Jatsko wrote:I don't know if anyone else has ever thought of using this, but going back to 411 there's a square hole in the wall on the screen where the now-unreadable plate is. First thing I thought of when seeing that was the monolith from Sub7 and how we used the glowing box there. So maybe that's a place to insert something in the future?
Could be. But it seems like an odd place to put one, what with no dim "energy lines" to suggest something needs to go there.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Maybe Mat would edit it in the future to be more clear, as I think Ehnic suggested in his most recent post for another possible update...where did that post go?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Sublevel
Man who almost seven years waits for moment when Root portals get online...
towerofnix
lost in subnet

Post by towerofnix »

Sublevel 105 wrote:
towerofnix wrote:I made this thing for fun! :)
MOTHER OF SUBGOD

you have a lot of free time I see
;)

*pats*
Haha. It only took me, like, three or so hours to program, and another three-ish hours to throw in the coordinate data.

I need to acutally use it at some point..

EDIT:

Here's the conclusion, which explains each coordinate prefix. I'd like to make it clear that these are just for "fun", as confirmed by Mateusz back in the 4.0 update. So this list is just for fun too :D

00: The only encrypted location code that starts with 00 is 000.
ar: Not sure what this stands for, but it contains a lot of old ruins. Ancient Ruins?
ba: BAsement.
ch: CHambers.
co: COre.
ed: EDge.
en: ..Not sure. It only contains the two "clockwork" rooms. ENgine, maybe?
ja: JAtsko, of course.
la: LAb, most likely, but it contains a lot of locations that aren't strictly connected to the lab. I imagine LA is referring to the game (Sub4) here, not the place.
ld: Lighthouse Dungeon is the only room it contains, so I imagine that's it. By the way, who named that location? If not Mat, then the real world's decisions is leaking into the subnet even more :D (..though I guess it always has been, since theories existed..)
li: LIghthouse.
lo: LOoping locations. Not all of them are from Sub3, or even resemble Sub3 very much, but they're all loops of some kind.
mr: MuRtaugh :)
nl: So this one's interesting. I have no idea what it stands for. And I don't know what the locations have to do with each other (it's a mix of karma portal and normal portal locations).
pi: The pi room! In fact its full encrypted location is also fun.
pl: Locations from the PLan, i.e. Sub8.
ro: Locations from the ROot (Sub5). Interestingly, this includes the Lighthouse Digouts.. and the Church, too. As well as the Observation Center, but that's not too surprising.
sh: SHip. Includes the Ship (800), of course, but also the Sub-bot Research Room.
te: the TEmple, I think.
tv: Not sure about this one. It's worth looking at more. Each location seems to be somewhat shattered (usually by a karma portal), except for 317 and 378, which seem kind of out of place. They all remind me of the cliffs (especially the transition between Sub5 and Sub6).

Anyways, I repeat, these are all the developer having fun and should NOT be taken seriously at all! :D

except I'm totally still going to be trying to figure these out anyways

EDIT 2: This is the filter you'd apply to figure this out:

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

yep, I tried to translate these encript names right after I found them. They're obvious actually, with some exceptions.

mr is Mur
Vortex said "nl" could mean "no label".

idk why 552 is la and 462 is ro

tv could mean... emm...
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

It is time to give my opinion about the cypher plates. To be honest I think if they were added they should have a function. I say we should implement all locations accesable with cypher plates in sub_5. But than cypher plates should be added. So we would have 3. If someone is good in math please calculate that it would be much apreaciated. Anyway the propblem is that in sub 5 we got to know that we didn't see all of the root. So one of the propblems is that we would logicaly only get to see more root. While we know there are also others in not toot locations. Please give your opinion on this.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Encrypted codes prefixes:

00 = Start
ar = Ancient Location
ba = Basement
ch = 32 Chambers
co = Core
ed = Edge
en = Engine