Submachine 5: the Root

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 5: the Root

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I think Bathroom, as WIQ says, was something related to the plot but withouth porpuse in the game.

About kitchen, I believe there is only one kitchen location in the Lab Submachine and some member of the lab cooks food and later hires someone to send it to the lab's location, like an hotel.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

And if this room is added to make view that you are inside dormitory where humans live, so why there isn't any kitchen and FRIDGE WITH TASTY FOOD, DRINK, AND CARAMEL POPCORN INSIDE?
Well, there was some food on a plate in the dorm in sub5, and Mur probably knew the player won't return after his mission.
Is this my final form?
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Sublevel 102 wrote:why you included this pointless room in game (bathroom). Did it has some purpose in early stage of development? Or something else?
There is not so many places/rooms in Submachine Universe without purpose... Why this bathroom in particularly?...
no, it never had any particular purpose except from building the lore.

the neccesities of a small-space quarters. just a bedroom and bathroom. The eating was PROBABLY done somewhere else in the laboratories system, like a cantine or something like that. You see a bed, a coffee, half-eaten sandwich. THere's human presence all over the lab.

look at the player quarters in subnet. it's a perfect cube constructed from eight smaller ones (bedroom, bathroom, toilet, computer, portal, generator and two transitional cubes). it's all very space-efficient setup. You could also stack those quarters together if you wanted to.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Truth be told, when I use to go into the Submachine Universe.
More when I need to check on an observation within the SubNet.
After I saw what I needed to see
I would go back to 000, turn off the power
And leave the page with the bed still scene last.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
SoLost
lost in subnet

Post by SoLost »

MateuszSkutnik wrote: look at the player quarters in subnet. it's a perfect cube constructed from eight smaller ones (bedroom, bathroom, toilet, computer, portal, generator and two transitional cubes). it's all very space-efficient setup. You could also stack those quarters together if you wanted to.
Nice! So when Murtaugh was working with teams of people they could all live in a collection of pods, but a person like the Player would be in a single pod alone. At least Murtaugh was nice enough to supply his subjects with plushy slippers. :lol:
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Oh, thanks for information. :D
It sounds cool.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

interesting...
it should be in the wiki :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I need help again to correctly translate meaning of part of note. It is from mail from Mur... eer, Shiva?..
You seem to be the best man for this job since your training involved dealing with wisdom crystals. You have to track back your actions and retrieve them
You have to track back your actions
What does it mean?
I can't find normal translation of "track back"?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

"track back" means something like "retrace your steps" (russian Google translator gives "запутывать след").
Bloodhit
subnet technician

Post by Bloodhit »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:"track back" means something like "retrace your steps" (russian Google translator gives "запутывать след").
This is not correct translation for what that phrase mean in this sentence. Google is desperately fail to translate that right :D