Submachine 3: the Loop

Mr. Trapezoid
lost in subnet

Re: Submachine 3: the Loop

Post by Mr. Trapezoid »

Apocryphactor wrote: Just checked to be sure; you have to pick up the compass in both games before you use the passage machine for the first time. So it's not unique to the HD version.
My mistake. The change in the HD version was the addition of 4 new notes around level 0, not the addition of the compass as an item. The post has been updated.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Do you guys agree that the concept of this Submachine game is the most creative out of all of them? It's like:''Here we have the lighthouse, the concept of all the future games but how about removing everything from it and only use one room.'' It might not be the most pretties of them, or most interactive one but I still like the idea this game was build on, stripping away a lot of things you are familiar with but also have a parallel with what you do know. Wouldn't that be nice?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So...
It was nice to know you, guys...

Everything is gone...
Literally

I'm doomed to be stuck in the Loop...
FOREVER

God help me...

Don't trust Mur...
I simply followed his instructions...
and now I'm here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol

actually, I found two interesting things in Sub3 HD I didn't know about.

Situation above comes when you place leaf on statue, and then move to another room.
It was funny at first: I returned to the room, and saw statue disappeared, I smiled.
But then I returned to (0;0), and found out hat EVERYTHING is gone... And then I felt fear. O_O Being stuck in empty endless rooms, without ANY chance to go anywhere... I was in Player's shoes at that time, I felt what he would feel if he was in this situation in real life.

And second thing: I found out that if you finish the game and click on arrow in password field, you go to last level anyway.
But funny thing is that you appear at level start only if you got canon ending.
Because if you got bad ending...
you appear, floating through the Loop, right after you pressed last passage-machine button. Without a chance to fix anything anymore... seconds before you die...
that scared me too actually. O_O

Edit:

tried to recreate that bug - and I can't now.
Seems that I was lucky and got right moment during very first play - when animation changed, or something like that.

Edit 2:

!!!
wow
THAT'S interesting
if you move one screen above the statue after you put leaf and karma energy emerges...
you can see it on this screen too!

Mateusz actually drew this screen. 😮 it even has animation
(though beam ends nowhere, so it looks strange...)