Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Re: Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

Post by Anteroinen »

Well, duh. XD Obviously you had to be able to enter the thing. That said, the metal tower would seem like a weird place for that, considering there's windows below that floor.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Well, as I understand, metal tower is covering original walls of the lighthouse tower, right? And there's some passage we don't see in the first floor/screen of this tower, and passages in the floor with fork switch lead beyond the metal tower, to original walls, and then again going inside (to areas where 4-numbers code and 4-sticks puzzles are located). Am I right?
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Then how do you explain the windows on the lower floors?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Anteroinen wrote:Then how do you explain the windows on the lower floors?
(subf*ck, browser! You again erased my text of future post!!!)

My text is gone, but anyway: sorry, I think I didn't understand your thinking.
How do YOU see Lighthouse inner structure, metal tower part of it, missing third floor and its windows?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

May I ask you Sublevel, do you prefer the Submachine 2 we know, or wish you it had been an extended version of the famous sketch?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

well, I extremely liked atmosphere of Submachines 1-6. And Lighthouse is still my favorite part in the whole Submachine. :D

As I understand, Sketch is placed in a bit different... universe. :D So... we don't know - if it was completed - would it be better than story we know now, or worse. Anyway - I would like to use some device that allows to observe alternative timelines, and would like to see how Mateusz would go with alternate story of submachine. :mrgreen:

BTW, now, question above is directed not only to Anteroinen but to everyone.
I wonder - what the most people think about structure of the lighthouse. Where were third level and entrance located? Is large space with original wall building structure located behind metal walls of metal tower?

Random edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msj7OHiZpqk

first chain of comments JUST WARMS MY SOUL. :3
Red, jumpscares, nightmares...
How I felt when I played it.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Not having a jumpscare in a game that is very scary is the best thing to do. If only one jumpscare would happen in Submachine it would be ruined. Sound scares are totaly fine. Daymare Town is another story.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Submachine 2 and Sketch has not only sound but kinda visual jumpscares. Different sudden loud creepy sounds, portal and blood suddenly-appeared letter, but they didn't ruin the series. :geek: So I would like if something like this repeated again (Idk, first meeting with Subbot in Sub10, for example. Or skeleton/skulls, or something like that)
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Ko9 wrote:Not having a jumpscare in a game that is very scary is the best thing to do. If only one jumpscare would happen in Submachine it would be ruined. Sound scares are totaly fine. Daymare Town is another story.
Very true. My first times playing through the games granted me a few "self-generated" jumpscares; from stuff like The Lab's gate lock "bleeding" and beeping like an alert siren, to Sub10's skulls and that bull-like statue near one of the locations you can use the karma stabilizer IIRC. Heck, when putting the skull under the amplifier to take the item within it, I could swear something would come out and scare me.

And yet it never does! It's fantastic how things are set up in a very frightening way, but there's nothing really scary, strictly speaking. "Don't be afraid" indeed... and still, it manages to be more haunting than any creepypasta jumpscare.

Daymare Town runs on Nightmare Fuel, though. F* the Librarian on the first game, that one creep that pops up on a house's window once you peek inside in 2, that desert hermit from 4... the game is scary when it has no jumpscares going, AND when it decides to jumpscare you. In short, the Daymare series is the most charming black-and-white heart attack experience of your life.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I told them stories m8.