Ko9's Theories (Version 2.0)

Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Ko9's Theories (Version 2.0)

Post by Augustus »

I would like to archive my theories myself and I have some new ideas for them, so I think I will continue editing the first post (This one) when making new stuff. I also would like to revisit the older ones so this will not be a 1:1 copy paste.

The Lost Years of Liz (Unvoted)
Originally Submitted:''2017-04-16 and edited 2018-12-13''

Liz was probably born in the 1880s in British Raj or in the United Kingdom but we know geography does not seem to work the same as in the Submachine like in our universe, she has ancestors from India and Venezuela, I think the desert is in Kent. It has the lighthouse in it and there is no source to my knowledge of the lighthouse being moved to a different place. I do not think she is a a Buddhist, I think she tries to hold on to her ancestry, a place like Submachine should be hard to adapt to. And as we see in many former colonial cities, humans like to re-build home if they are far away from it. Like New Amsterdam, Jakarta and many more.

That she is named Elizabeth has probably something to do with the Anglo ties into her own history. India was English at the time, at the time British Guyana was still a colony but like I said, Geography doesn't work the same in this universe. She has probably parents who have something to do with diplomacy, many colonies used to be administrated by natives actually. They where educated and I think it is likely that Liz was a kid from people who at least where used by the colonial powers that ruled her nation at the time.

Since Murtaugh is a master in science Elizabeth met Murtaugh probably in a university or educational form. But there is also a chance she did not even enter the Subnet in the lighthouse. Due to the fact that the only source we know is in the Submachine, the player has memory loss. Chances are Liz didn't knew Murtaugh before entering the subnet. If Murtaugh knew her from a school in the United Kingdom, Elizabeth would recontacted later or stayed in contact with letters. In these times the student, teacher contacts where very different of course since we are talking about 1904 after all, time travel taken into consideration. I think Liz might even have had Murtaugh as a personal one on one teacher most likely if her family was rich or had a powerful position. That is maybe where the note idea came from. In the early stages of the Submachine people just took that idea over, why search for everyone in every layer if you just decide to write a note somewhere and make a chain?

Probably Liz and Mur got personal disputes because of the many explorers dying and being abandoned and left for dead. After Murtaugh wanted to make a portal under the lighthouse. She warned him that it would rip the dimension apart and if he uses it he won't be able to return to the Core again. However, she did make a promise to take care of Einstein for Murtaugh, while he was away from the lighthouse. Later the player removed the defense system from the core so Murtaugh could invade the submachine. After Murtaugh chancing her, she left for the core for what seems not to be that long. Later she asked Murtaugh if she was "catched after all?" Murtaugh stated that there were 7 answers referencing to the layers.

After Murtaugh was confronted in the knot, he understood his mistake and fell to his knees, as Elizabeth comforted him. By doing this she warded off the attack planned for Murtaugh to be shot at gunpoint. Elizabeth explained Murtaugh's behavior to others and somehow a cult grew around them. After this Elizabeth became know as the Healer, the Mother and the Merciful, as depicted on her tomb. After this relations with Mur and Liz where way more equal. Elizabeth maintained contact with Murtaugh after he returned to the karma studies facility to find ways to undo the damage done by karma portals. She acted as a "ground" for reality for him, reminding him of the nature of the Submachine and how it too was trying to heal itself. It might be that Murtaugh wasn't that much of a sociopath since he does help the player at the end, it seems that he just had a lot of trouble communicating to the other humans in this place. Sounds more like Asperger's to me, but I am not here to diagnose a fictional character.

Liz frequently reminded Murtaugh that he was only a part of the entire creation and therefore could not fix everything himself. She also made plans to meet with Murtaugh at the shrine regularly. At one of these meetings she and Murtaugh met the player. Murtaugh eventually succeeded in making a karma stabilizer to restore karma portals to their original state. After dying shortly afterwards, Elizabeth spread his knowledge of karma to anyone she could reach. Elizabeth eventually died as well and was buried in the temple, alongside Murtaugh, where she is believed to reside in the light of Shiva. If that is the god or the AI, I can't tell.

The reason for the satellites (Unvoted)
Originally Submitted:''2018-12-13''

The satellites where made at the time to communicate with the Earth like place kent is in and the submachine to calculate how the processing and creating of new locations works and to see the structure expanding from the outside. Explaining why all the radio equipment being all around the place. They are left behind because of this experiment.

After minimal success the teams abandoned their posts and Murtaugh ordered them to move the research inside the Submachine, thus abandoning the structures and to do different research, focusing on chemicals and laws of nature in place instead of the spacial dimensions of the place, leading later to the discovered of a ''regulated karmic portal system''.

The place started to change it's climate and became a desert, and since nobody maintained the structures they collapsed into themselves. After many years Kent became unrecognizable and became what we now call the desert. This part of the desert is very neatly leading to the outside unlike the lighthouse which seems to break the path the game would take, I think that is because for a satellite you need more people to use them. The lighthouse just needs one and was never connected research which the Submachine Explorers seems to spend most time on.

The Creator of the First Submachine (Unvoted)
Originally Submitted:''2017-07-31 and edited 2018-12-14''

The creator of the ‘’first’’ Submachine is probably Henry O’toole. (I will get back to you about the first) This is almost certain since Mateusz Skutnik made several statements about the person in the last years; quote: …How did it all start? Who was the creative genius that made these sub constructions possible? I know him, I met him myself. Quite a nice guy. Quote end. What does this mean? For the most part what I think is interesting about this is that he says he knows him. Means that this person might exist in the real universe. Karol Konwerski or Mateusz Skutnik used the concept of Archetypes in the series Covert Front before (I am not sure who came up with the character design), I have two thoughts about this. One: Mateusz Skutnik met a person back in the time he was studying as an architect, who was ''a nice guy''. Mateusz Skutnik could not just honor this person by giving him the title. So that means that it might not be his own idea. I doubt that. I think that the second option is more likable so option two:

Mateusz Skutnik referred to himself. Quote from a Submachine 7 secret;’’ Those drawings were done by me while studying architecture, back in the day, about 12 (now 19) years ago. I held onto these because they seemed nice and I thought I might use them for something one day. Well what do you know, they ended up in Submachine.’’ Quote end. I think this could mean that the Submachine archetype of Mateusz Skutnik is mister O’toole. I remember asking Mateusz Skutnik if Murtaugh was an alter ego, he never responded. Also not so long ago this was stated in an interview with Mateusz on 21 July 2017. ''No. The first submachine was created by an architect.’’ The only architect we know of in the Submachine is Henry. But it might just be Mateusz answer a question in the way he does, just saying he makes the games so the first one is thus made by an architect. But I doubt there is a story written about who made the first Submachine.

But does that mean that the winter palace was build as the first submachine? Well, I do not think we can answer that question. We know Submachine now expands by itself what the human mind recognizes. We still have no idea what the Fourth Dynasty was and is. Maybe that is a topic for another game and time. Henry worked together with or for the ’’King’’. The lighthouse was erected in 1857, which means that if Murtaugh lived in 1904, this could mean a huge age gab. Does that matter? Not per se, Murtaugh could time travel with Elizabeth, but they have a rather interesting history. It could have been 20 years. Which is still pretty big. But I think that the players adventure in the Submachine happens in 1904, Murtaugh at the end of the series looks like he is in his 50s or 60s. The funny part is is that his first Job was in 1832. Being a young student in his 20s, that would mean he had to become 72. For 1904 that is not likely but possible. Average people in the UK at the time that became 20 years old where expected to grow as old as 60. Knowing that before that Queen Victory was 82 before that.

Karma Energy To Watt Theory (Unvoted)
Originally Submitted:''2017-07-22''

The submachine 2 portal uses it's energy from it's lamp. Many lighthouses have 1000 watt bulbs. Meaning, that if the murtaugh is an averige man from 1900 at an old man he is 80 kilos. Meaning that for every kilo you need 12.5 watt. Now feel free to calculate everything you want this way, we do not know if the lighthouse lamp is powered on karma energy, but if so, it is stunning. So if einstein used karma energy, with a cat weighing 4 kilo, it would cost 50 watt to transport him.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Ko9's Theories (Version 2.0)

Post by Augustus »

Submachine 6: Theory; hell. Unvoted.
Originally Submitted: ''22-09-2020''

-So I don't think if this is even a theory, it's more something that I was thinking about. I think Submachine 6 is the hell of the Submachine series. It's not that I believe this was intentional, I believe it is a nice way of looking at the game.
So first of all, Submachine 6 is the ''Egyptian'' one. Egyptians unlike we do in modern times, believed hell was far away and heaven was inside the core of the earth (Submachine 7). Submachine 6 is the ''edge'' and thus at the end of the Submachine universe.
-Brutalism is the architecture of Submachine 6, the long edge with no characteristics, the clean elevator... They are pretty brutalists. Brutalism is the architecture of established power. Yet, the interiors are not decorated and are either crowded tunnels or plain rooms that make humans more stressed out. Yet at the same time, there is a secret showing a wall with ancient symbols. Showing that this clean brutalist place has a core made out of ancient progress, you can look at it and say the same about our world, where generations of humans spend time to build our ability to build it, or an attempt for the place to stay in touch with reality like an Ikea canvas. This wall is only visible when you go out of your way to complete a secret either way, it will be missed by most.
-Then there is the character that ''jumped'', they wen't through hell.
-It's also the chapter with the least amount of aim, first it was to follow Mur and do his tasks, yet at Submachine 6, we all of course completed the game yet there is a aimless part about not following Murtaugh and just going to the core.
-I really liked how Jatsko looked at the numbering of chapters in his theory, where you can compare 1 to 10, 2 to 9, 3 to 8 ect ect... In Submachine 5, we spend a lot of time using our hands to pull levers or do other things and spend our time in the root of the Submachine. Yet in Submachine 6 you don't, you use computers. Over and over again. We also do not use our view as normal and look through a pad and it is depicted as rooms inside the game but it is artificial. You know what I am saying, it can be read as a commentary at aimless office capitalism that doesn't bring any happiness. And at the last time using it, the pod ejects itself.