Post by Sundex »

Rephrase: Might not be canonical.
BACK TO THEORIES
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: The Peter Navarre Crecy Evaluation

Post by Sublevel 113 »

*not looking at anything else*
little question: is this game very short? Or it takes decades minutes of your free time? ;)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

very short I would say.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Sublevel 107 wrote:*not looking at anything else*
little question: is this game very short? Or it takes decades minutes of your free time? ;)
When you get a free cookie, eat it and don't complain.
BTW I made a small video for people who are intrested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUal-4I-wH4
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

I was surprised when the YT video's notification popped up! Unfortunately, I couldn't actually sit here and download the game until... well, now.

I got shortly stuck on finding the light-bulb-glass-thing, beneath the floor board, that gives you the punch card. Sneaky, sneaky Mateusz. Otherwise, I have to agree with everything else in this topic; I'm deeply puzzled by the implications of this game's existence, and its canonicity regarding everything else.

On the technical side, however, it's fantastic to see the transition to Game Maker. Is this the Float Engine reborn? It feels EXACTLY like the other games, except visibly smoother. The improvement is visible, and the game runs flawlessly; aesthetics are beautiful as always, the interface for the menu and inventory are perfect... I feel I don't have much to praise here because I always considered the other games to already have a 10/10 in gameplay, but these subtle improvements are there, and they're just as important.

I'm thrilled to see what comes out of the future projects! I'm currently working on Game Maker in college as well, although not to any serious extent (and I certainly do not have over a decade of experience making games), just two months of learning the basics, but I can tell that it's indeed a flexible platform full of potential.

Future games are going to be awesome! :D
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Mateusz said everything is the same Universe now, so I wasn't really surprised by that.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

...but he still can't come out and say whether or not the game is canon.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

i take his last statement as a confirmation, sort of.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Vortex wrote:i take his last statement as a confirmation, sort of.
Yeah, "sort of". That's sort of the crux of the issue, isn't it? I mean, I suppose it does not matter, since the game is entirely divorced from all his other work, save for the appearance of Kara.

I mean, sure there is this:
Peter Navarre Crecy created the Evaluation in the late second era, just a few years after the Architect incident.

Sir Crecy, being one of the brightest post-war dark era suggested this Evaluation as means of recognizing potential candidates for the agency. As the line between human and machine became blurred after the Singularity, this method proved to be indispensable for the recruitment process.

The tragedy of the situation is that while being one of the most valuable objects in Kaisar's posession, it got stolen in most peculiar circumstances. To the untrained eye it would seem that the Evaluation simply vanished from the layer, ceasing to exist in a split of a second. However, the smell of electricity left in the air after that occurence told another story.

The Evaluation remains in an unknown location, most likely never to be found again. If somebody is using it for his own nefarious purposes, well, we shall see in time.
Essentially this is saying that German forces used point and click games to train agents, so Kara and Toten stole it with layer magic. We honestly cannot say anything about the implications of this for Submachine, since we know so little about the world of Submachine in the first place. There's too little information to even begin to imply if there even were sides, let alone guess if someone in the Submachine series was in cahoots with the Germans or Britons specifically.

There are throwaway phrases like "Architect incident" which might refer to something - maybe someone murdered Henry O'Toole - we don't know. Not that we know what "the second era" is either. We've been getting more with some of the recent Submachine Universe updates, but our understanding of the history of the Subnet is laughably slim. Even if this game is canonical information, we can't know if it is relevant information.

Now if the big game is about Kara doing espionage to Murtaugh's company, maybe some multi-layer guerilla warfare like was implied in on of the Submachine games, and this is the first hint of that then that'd be rather cool. Hell, anything post-Murtaugh would be interesting. But we can't know.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."