Vote for the next Administrator

Please vote your preferred candidate to become our new Administrator of Pastel Land!

Vortex
89%
Gemini
11%
ENIHCAMBUS
No votes

Total votes: 9
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Vote for the next Administrator

Post by Vortex »

Well, I'm not a good speaker like you or Anonymous are, but I guess I can say a few words.

I see being administrator as a responsibility towards the forum, and also as a challenge because I've never been a forum admin and I'll have to learn many things about it if I want to be productive in the long term. I promise that I will make all the effort I can in learning how to be a good admin. That said:

-My main priority as an admin if I get chosen will be to take care of the forum. I will try my best to solve any problems that may arise, which includes taking care of spam, making periodic backups, answering users' help requests, and in general keeping every topic clean and organized with the help of mod(s).

-I also want to officially support recognition and integration with other methods of online communication, and with the community of Mateusz Skutnik fans, which means for example that we can promote the Pastel Tumblr, the Skype group, etc. as official extensions of the forum, and make announcements here regarding those :)

-Evil twins like xetroV, levelbuS, syruB will not be discriminated against, they will have their own safe space that only they can see and make their evil plans in... ok no XD (actually we did something like that in Ehnic's forum :P )

-I don't yet know much about MODs (phpBB's forum modification packages) but I'll see if there's any cool thing I can add to the forum. I'll also think of any events we can do (for example to celebrate Submachine's birthday, the April jokes that are already classic, or some weekly fanart/fanfic/etc. event). That's about it!
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Maybe we should close this at 5 votes? :P
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

That would be unfair to Ehnic, not? He still has to make his statement.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

lol right. XD
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

If Vortex becomes admin we'll need a new moderator to fill in the spot. Maybe I should let AK know that... hm
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Someone voted for Vortex and didn't put a reason down... lol
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Yeah... I think it was RockyOcean since she was online at the time, maybe we should have made the rule more clear since the beginning DX
But we must follow the rules, the vote shouldn't be counted.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Granted you and I had that scuffle awhile back. Its didn't count as a vote against you. But I'm looking for 'most responsible in terms of usage'.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will leave this poll opens until tomorrow night if a certain trend continues.
Vortex wrote:I don't yet know much about MODs (phpBB's forum modification packages) but I'll see if there's any cool thing I can add to the forum. I'll also think of any events we can do (for example to celebrate Submachine's birthday, the April jokes that are already classic, or some weekly fanart/fanfic/etc. event). That's about it!
If this involves updating the forum's phpbb format, then that would be a strong NO from me at this point because I read that it would takes unbelievable amount of steps to update AND retain everything we have on the forum. I am not sure about losing everything we have built here just to update the phpbb.

If it is about something else and merely adding something neat to the forum, that's fine.
{Admin account of AK, former forum host. --Ancient Crystal}
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

admin wrote:
Vortex wrote:I don't yet know much about MODs (phpBB's forum modification packages) but I'll see if there's any cool thing I can add to the forum. I'll also think of any events we can do (for example to celebrate Submachine's birthday, the April jokes that are already classic, or some weekly fanart/fanfic/etc. event). That's about it!
If this involves updating the forum's phpbb format, then that would be a strong NO from me at this point because I read that it would takes unbelievable amount of steps to update AND retain everything we have on the forum. I am not sure about losing everything we have built here just to update the phpbb.

If it is about something else and merely adding something neat to the forum, that's fine.
Understood.

And don't worry, if I become admin I will always ask you first and do a thorough research before making any big change.